• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings All!!

Years
  • Hi! I'm ShrewdLegend, in most online games/forums I use, I'm known as Shrewd FallStar, but everyone calls me Shrewd!
    I'm trying to build some Pokemon ROM Hacks rite now, I'm not that good, actually! -__-'''
    Which isn't to say I don't have great Ideas when it comes to building an original Pokemon storyline, I just kind of FAIL, horribly!
    My Idea, Pokemon - Knight's Quest, FLAME EDITION, actually came from a Pokemon fanfic I wanted to write, but then I discovered ROM Hacks, and got hooked on the idea!
    SO, I came here; looking for people experienced in ROM Hacking (primarily event and text editing), who might be able to help me!
    Thanks for reading my Rambles
    -Shrewd

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hi Shrewd! You're looking for people who are experienced in hacks? I think it's nice to check Team Discussion on Emulation & ROM Hacking sections. But I think you have to wait 3 months (as the rules said) to make a thread. But still, this forum is great to be visited besides of hacking things.

I hope you have fun, and happy PokeCommunitying! And don't forget to check the rules, ok?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's okay if you have zero experience in rom hacking. The ROM Hacking/Emulation section of the forums is the perfect place for you to gain some experience and/or learn from our expert hackers. You can even learn how the hacks of today have been done. The Emulation section of the forums have a lot of resources for you to check out. There's a question thread for you to see if your questions have been answered already, as well as a section full of tutorials, tools, and a library of hacks. There's also help for storyline and gameplay discussion, so there's a lot to do on that section...as well as the forum itself!

Hah, you don't want to exhaust yourself xD take your time and hopefully you have a wonderful time. Welcome aboard! have a nice time and see you around <3

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello there Shrewd! Welcome to PC man!

It's okay if you don't know a lot on ROM hacking, that's what we're here for! We are the biggest community for that kind of stuff after all. Go to Emulation &ROM Hacking and you should find a thread called Simple Questions. That's your best bet to get help on anything you might need. There's also a sub-forum underneath ROM Hacking & Emulation called "Tutorials" and there's guide on how to do certain things like mapping, music, spriting, etc. The regular members are friendly and helpful so I think you'll be mastering it in no time! Just be sure to read all the rules of Tutorials and the Simple Questions Threads though, before posting.

Don't worry or stress yourself too hard though. We have friendly members so no need to be intimidated. :) Just wondering, what else exactly are you into? I'm guessing video games is one, but what else? Tell me more about yourself! I think you should look around through all the sections here, it's one way to find topics you're into. For one, you need 15 posts to post URLs and I'm think you're gonna need that for hacks and such and you will happen to have to post links to places everywhere else too. So looking all over the forum is a good way to do that. There's many Pokemon related boards here as well as off-topic ones, so you should find many things to post about!

Well, hope you enjoy it here and be sure to have fun, okay? It's recommended to look over the rules and if you have questions , you can ask a moderator and they will kindly help you. They're friendly and approachable like that. :3 See you around and can't wait to see you here and posting!

Back