• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings and Salutations!

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Hello!

I go by the name of IceSage on the internet, I suppose. I've always been a fan of Pokemon, at least, the early anime episodes and the games, anyway. I recently got back into Pokemon again and have been playing it a lot lately. I had bought Pokemon Diamond when it had first come out back in 2007, but I never really bothered to progress past 2 badges before I ended up doing other things to occupy my time.

I just recently moved, and have been completely bored. I put in Pokemon Battle Revolution and started playing around with it, because I was thinking to myself how horrid of a 3D Pokemon game it is, compared to some of the older 3D ones. Then I remembered that I had Pokemon Diamond just sitting there, and... I've been playing it most of the time for the past week or so. I love the Wi-Fi feature of the game, and tried it as soon as I could when I got Pokemon Diamond. That's mainly why I'm meshing in with the community here now, to try to get familiar with other people and trade / battle Pokemon.

I had accidentally come across this forum during a Google search about a year or so ago. Maybe one or two of you may recognize the name, especially the ones who roam the hacking forums, however, I'm the creator of an extremely old, novel, but insanely dumb and childish ROM Hack of Pokemon called Cokemon. It's something I made about 11 years ago when I first got a computer, and I think back to myself sometimes going, "Why, oh why did I create that?" -- Little did I know it would be stuck in the hearts of various people in the ROM hacking community...

That's how I found these forums, in fact. I had searched "Cokemon," something I do once and awhile. I had come across a thread posted in one of the forums. I hadn't realized how old the thread was a the time, and considering the fact that I was staying completely on-topic, I decided to reply to some people who started a thread about the hack. The thread was quickly locked due to the fact it was old. Naturally, that's commonplace for most forums, including a great many I've moderated over the years. However, I was told "make a new topic." So, in the same forum I had made a new topic to reply to the old topic, which I thought was redundant and a waste of space. For some reason, the new topic got locked because it "didn't have a point." Which, I totally agree with, it didn't. But I found it odd that I was told "make a new topic" and then told "don't make a new topic." Either way, I had just accidentally came across the forums by chance, and just wanted to reply to that one thread, was all.

So, years passed, since I didn't give the forums much thought as my mission to pop-in and appear before people who recognized my alias of ol' was already through with.

Then, like said, I got back into Pokemon again and remembered that this was an excellent forum for interacting with other people who enjoy Pokemon; and this place is constantly active as well!

Thus, I post my welcome thread to you all, or rather, for you all, to welcome me, that is. What can I say about myself? Well... Aside from above, I animate from time to time, and enjoy watching various obscure anime titles. I'm also a fan of a lot of science fiction related television series, such as Quantum Leap, Sliders, and Doctor Who.

I tend to type a lot, and become extremely detailed when I post, so I guess I'll wrap this up now! If you've any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask. I've created a signature which includes my friend codes for both Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Battle Revolution, and my forum profile includes my Wii Number as well.

I hope I get a warm welcome to the forums, and I appreciate that you read my welcome thread!

Take care!

Dark-Soul

Darkness...
    Years
    Welcome to PC IceSage! Have a nice stay in the Forums, and if you want some help...don't be shy to ask. :)
    I'm new too, but I soon liked this place...people here are friendly. So, want to be friends?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Hi I'm xxxLatiasxxx my real name is Kristen good luck with hacking if you want to be friends just send me an invite well anyway welcome to PC.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Welcome to PC, IceSage!

It's always cool to see an old fan ^o^

Have a wonderful time here and remember to read the rules.

Kalak

Luxray Lover
    Years
    Hey, I'm also new, and I hope that you and I both have a great time here :D...trying to fit in is fun lol

Last edited:

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Hey IceSage :p Nice name. Do you like onions by any chance, y'know sage & onion? No? Nevermind.
    Welcome to the forums :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Welcome to PC!
    I really hope you have a fun time here!
    Read the rules!

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Hi I'm xxxLatiasxxx my real name is Kristen good luck with hacking if you want to be friends just send me an invite well anyway welcome to PC.

Thanks! I don't really mess around with hacking Pokemon games anymore really. That was a long time ago. Just for the heck of it, though, I modified some of Pokemon LeafGreen a bit. I was trying to change the title screen, but I'm not familiar with the new programs, and methods used to do that stuff.

Welcome to PC, IceSage!

It's always cool to see an old fan ^o^

Have a wonderful time here and remember to read the rules.

Welcome to PC!
    I really hope you have a fun time here!
    Read the rules!

Naturally, done and done.

Hey IceSage :p Nice name. Do you like onions by any chance, y'know sage & onion? No? Nevermind.
    Welcome to the forums :D

I must honestly say, I don't get it. But I'm hungry for onions spiced with sage now.

Back