• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings and Salutations

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Hello people of Pokecommunity!
    My name is Michael, but you may call me JiffyCones.
    I am aspiring to be a ROM hacker, but am currently just learning the basics via Youtube videos by JonVitoMod.
    I am willing to take suggestions into consideration, like if you want the pseudo-legendaries (Dratini, Larvitar and Beldum) as optional starters in a certain game.
    -
    My initial ROM hack will be mostly custom. Here's a general overview of what I'm hoping to make.
    1) New Map, New Story, and New Human Characters and Models. May make new tiles, but I'm not the best pixel-artist around. Help would be appreciated.
    2) All Pokemon from the first 3 generations will be catchable in the wild, but the starters will be a bit harder than the rest to encounter.
    3) Gyms and Gym Leaders all based around the different types, which means more than a dozen Gyms to fight. The Elite Four will have some variation in their teams, making them a true challenge.
    -
    If that interests you, please leave a comment, and maybe give suggestions for a possible title it could have(I'm thinking 'Bejeweled', but mainly because I can't think of anything else). Support and interest will REALLY get me going with ROM hack work.

Sincerely,
    JiffyCones

Welcome to PC, Cones! Good to meet you. :)

Check out the quick storyline idea thread in Emulation, you can share your story/plot idea for a game you're working on there. Much better to get feedback in the appropriate forum since we focus on welcoming people here in the welcomes section. And PokeCommunity isn't a hacking forum on its own so you wouldn't find the right people! What you have sounds awesome so far, though. Keep workin' hard on it.

Good luck and have fun! Let the staff know if you're lost and don't forget to stick around. We have many tools and resources for aspiring hackers so you will really love it here. Drop by other parts of the forum when you have a chance too, all right? The forum is huge and would love to have you.

See you!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Welcome to PC, Michael!
    We have a great Emulation and Rom hacking to share your progress as well as some awesome hackers to help you with more than just one tutorial. I see tutorials get posted all the day.
    I've wanted to see a lot more variations, so if you pull it off Kudos. I hope you enjoy your stay here on PC and let me know if you need anything (:

Back