• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings one and all

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Howdy

Doing as I'm told and stopping off here first.

Totally and completely new here. Picked up Alpha Sapphire and hooked on it big time, although I'm pretty new to Pokemon. Just got second gym badge and "think" I'm doing ok but not touched anything online or vs anyone but the trainers in game. Never traded before or battled online, hoping to find some friendly folk on here to give me a hand on getting started.

Will stop off at the adoption page and try not get lost! I'm a bit of an old timer gamer (34) so go easy on me!

Have a good one!!

OTC :)

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Hello OneTimeCanine! Welcome to the PC! Nice to meet you!

Don't worry if you're 34! We all play Pokémon because we have fun doing it, no matter what is your age ^^, so no problem! Nice to see you started playing Pokémon with OR/AS! It's a great remake of Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald! The new 3d graphics and the new features made the remake really fun and a bit different! So you are in the second gym ... you must be doing great >.< We have the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire section, where there is a thread to ask questions about the game (if you have any, go there ^^) and many discussions, so go there if you want :3
    You never trade? No problem! If you want to trade then the Trade Section is your place! There are Trade Shops and Quick Trades! You probably want to do Quick Trades, but I'm not you, so yeah ... explore the Trade Section :3

Hmmm, online battles .... I'm terrible at that! I suck at breeding, EV train, etc (you will learn this, you can ask a member, or read some guides in the internet or here, don't worry) We have a Battle and Team Building section, you can learn about Competitive Battling there!

I really hope you have fun here =D We have many other forums for you, all full with awesome and friendly people who are always ready to help!

Enjoy your stay! See you around~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Thanks a million for such an epic reply. Loads of great advice and direction. Now if I can just work out how to use the forum a bit better on my iPhone I will be flying.

Have a great one!

Years
  • Welcome to PC!

Honestly, you're never too old for Pokemon. It's just one of those series that anyone can be interested in. The games are just too much fun! I've been playing since the old days, with Pokemon Red. If you have the chance, definitely try to play the other games too. They're awesome. You'll definitely find people to battle and trade with here because we have sections for both those things that you should check out! Have fun completing the rest of the game!

Let us know if you have any questions. Everyone here is super nice and willing to help you out with whatever you need.

Years
  • No way, not old at all. I enjoyed playing video games with my grandparents who were in their 70s. Definitely not something you can grow out of. :D; Very happy having you! Welcome, Canine.

Oh Pokemon's not hard to grasp at all and online play's quite accessible with how much less difficult it is breeding good Pokemon with the sixth generation games. I've bred very many competitive 'mons without much effort.. plus we have people willing to help out here, too, so you're in a good place. Be sure to stick around and I'll be looking forward to having you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Thanks a million guys.

Yes, never too old to game or play indeed Pokemon :)

That's great you played with your grandparents. I play video games with my two boys. My eldest kicks my ass at the FPS games and my youngest is only one and half so I have an advantage over him at least.

Thanks again for the friendly and swift replies!

Have a great evening!

OTC

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey OneTimeCanine, welcome to PC 8)

Cool to hear that you've recently started playing Pokemon! It's one of those games that is simple on the surface but is really quite intricate the more you delve into it, so there's heaps to learn and experience depending on how deep into the games you want to get! I'm just finishing up OmegaRuby myself - it's definitely a very fun game with great Pokemon.

What got you interested in starting playing Pokemon btw? Any favourites so far?

Looking forward to seeing you around! We have a bit trading and battling community if you want to learn more about that; otherwise there are heaps of sections in the forum to discuss all aspects of Pokemon - the games, the anime, Pokemon in general - as well as things outside of Pokemon. If you ever need any help or just want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message 8)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Thanks so much guys, this has to be the most welcoming forum I have ever been on.

I have played Black but my save file got corrupt and just never got round to starting again. My 16 month old boy, Parker, has been the unknowing catalyst in me starting a new Pokemon journey. When he sleeps, I play. But I'm getting hooked on it big time so play at lunch at my office ( and sometimes when a meeting is over and I "hang back to make a call"...I actually put my feet up and flip open my shiney red 3ds and get some time with my Pokemon. But it's kind of ok as I am one of the bosses...however i am sure I would have some explaining to do if my directors knew I was trying to level up my Magikarp instead of working on next years budget! I have even gone as far as watching the original Pokemon series on Netflix. Something Parker enjoys too when we have breakfast, which has become a bit of a routine. Even cooler is he refers to it as "Pica pica!" and practically dances out of his high chair when the theme song comes on. :)

My fav Pokemon...Kirlia and Makuhita so far :) they have just helped me secure my Dynamo badge.

Thanks again guys!

OTC

Years
  • Welcome to PC!

It's great you started to get into Pokemon :D I think the newest games are a great way to be introduced to the series. If you feel like it, do check out Pokemon X and Y, too. I think they made better use of the new graphics and have some nice features, such as character customisation!
    Maybe you can work your way down to the older games, too ... though I think it might be harder to enjoy them when you're used to the conveniences of the newer editions haha (though some had some neat little extras such as your Pokemon following you around in HeartGold and SoulSilver)

In any case, enjoy Pokemon and the forum! Maybe at some point in the future you can play the games together with your little boy ;>

If you ever have any questions, feel free to hit me up! I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue so I'd say I'm decent enough at the games to provide some advice haha

Back