• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings to you

Umbrus

Shadowy Master
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Hello, PC. First off, I want to thank you for your most heartfelt greetings. It is very kind of you, and deserves proper gratitude. Secondly, I'd like to thank you for reading this, as I'm sure there are a hundred other things you could be doing right now, but you take the time out to welcome people who are new to the forums. Most admirable, I'd shake your hand if I could.

Anyway, back to my introduction. My username is a masculinized version of the Italian word Umbra, which means darkness. In fact, this is probably the namesake of my favourite Pokemon, Umbreon. I feel my username reflects my personality; Dark and mysterious. If I'm completely honest, though, I only chose it because of the link to Umbreon. I'm sorry, I just love it, it's fantastic.

Sorry, but it has to be said Umbreon is awesome. Anyway, my likes and dislikes... I like playing on Pokemon, where my favourite types are Dark (Obviously) and Ghost (Not quite so obvious). I enjoy the movies and books in both the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Harry Potter series. I also just enjoy reading in general, because I find it to be relaxing. I do a Martial Art known as Kuk Sool Wan, and I play rugby as a hooker. It hurts. A lot. On the other hand, it is fun mashing into other people, so I suppose it balances out. Besides that, I enjoy dog-walking, playing with my dogs, teasing my cat, feeding he family gerbil, and writing. I also enjoy classical music.

I absolutely detest bugs (Both in the games and in real life) and rodents, but with the latter the only reason I dislike them is because of my asthma, but my cat likes them. Yes, he's quite fond of the shrews who inhabit our garden. I'm quite picky with my food, and I dislike quite a few fruits, but the foods I do like, such as meat, are readily available. I don't like noises which are too loud and I prefer a nice, quiet atmosphere (He says, when his brother's blasting away on the PS3 :S). I have an intense dislike of racism, violence, etc. I just can't stand it. But I'm not here for peacemaking purposes, so let's not got there.

The reason I like Dark Pokemon is mainly because of their general atmosphere, theey're generally so dark and evil... But that's where they got the name, I suppose. I like Ghost type Pokemon for similiar reasons, plus hey help Dark Pokemon beat Fighting types. I suppose my choice of type reflects what I like in the real world; Darkness, quietness, peace, stillness... All those things.

So, I hope I haven't bored you to death with my intro, it's not that long really, is it? I hope not. good luck to you, and thanks again for reading.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    0_0 massive intro! Well; welcome to the forums! :)
    I don't like bugs either.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Welcome to Pokecommunity, I am sure you will love it here!
    BTW: Zenus put it right saying 'MASSIVE INTRO DUDE!!!'

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    WOW!
    Long post, not fun to read.
    Bleh I'm too lazy to read it.
    Anyways, read the rules and have fun!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Welcome to the forums, Umbrus!

Umberon is cute ^.^

Have a great time here and remember to read the rules.

Umbrus

Shadowy Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Thank you, all of you, for your kindness. I honestly wasn't expecting such a kind and welcoming community, to be totally honest, I thought you were all rather "bulshy", so I'm sorry for thinking that, it was unfair and uncalled for.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • So you like darkness and mysteriousness... lol... :D jus like me!
    I too like umbreon... although my favourite pokemon is probably Darkrai, which is also a dark type pokemon :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hi I'm xxxLatiasxxx I don't care for bugs to well myself if you want to be friends just send me an invite well anyway welcome to PC.

Back