• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grinding to LV 100?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    I'm finding it nearly impossible. The elite four don't even get stronger on rematch! There is nothing above level 65 to face. What's up with that?

Last edited:
    Years
  • The battle buffet didn't seem to be terrible for xp. I'm fairly certain I gained levels faster doing that. Beyond that, there's a five star kitchen that apparently has a secret meal (by upgrading the Festival Plaza) that allows you to take a Pokemon from ~87 to lvl 100. If you get a Pokemon to level 66 you can supposedly upgrade it straight to 100 with this kitchen, I think it's 3 meals back to back. Obviously, this takes a huge time investment in the Festival Plaza! Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    I feel as though doing the Festival Plaza route would take longer than just endlessly defeating level 60 Pokemon until I get to level 100 lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It takes a couple days in Poni Gauntlet to raise it to level 100, but one thing is certain. In this generation it's a hell to train Pok?mon to level 100.

Years
  • It takes a couple days in Poni Gauntlet to raise it to level 100, but one thing is certain. In this generation it's a hell to train Pok?mon to level 100.

Well, that's the dark side of having 5th Gen EXP mechanics. It's much harder to grind, and I guess Game Freak want getting access to the Hyper Training to be a personal challenge that you have to work your hardest towards.

The E4 doesn't get harder? UGH WHY GAMEFREAK NOONE LIKES THAT

Yeah it's unfortunate because that was a flaw with X/Y as well, though at least Alola's Elite Four doesn't scream forgettable.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I highly recommend using the Festival Plaza, it takes time grinding for coins and getting the stores you need (Rare Kitchen*****) , but in the end it'll make leveling up pokemon a lot faster, and since you are gonna have to grind either way grinding for coins isn't too bad.
    I hope you have saved some Rare Candies though, the Festival Plaza can only level you up to 98, and it takes a whole E4 rematch to get that single extra level.

The E4 doesn't get harder? UGH WHY GAMEFREAK NOONE LIKES THAT
    The E4 does get harder, first time they are on their 50s, on their remach their Pokemon are on the 60s, they also get new movesets, they don't become super challenging all of the sudden, but they definitely do get an upgrade.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I highly recommend using the Festival Plaza, it takes time grinding for coins and getting the stores you need (Rare Kitchen*****) , but in the end it'll make leveling up pokemon a lot faster, and since you are gonna have to grind either way grinding for coins isn't too bad.
    I hope you have saved some Rare Candies though, the Festival Plaza can only level you up to 98, and it takes a whole E4 rematch to get that single extra level.

The E4 does get harder, first time they are on their 50s, on their remach their Pokemon are on the 60s, they also get new movesets, they don't become super challenging all of the sudden, but they definitely do get an upgrade.

Oh. 10 levels is better then nothing I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Post-game, if you have a Rare Kitchen in the Festival Plaza, you can get a Rare Dinner that will bring a Pokemon up 7 levels (if its below level 80) once a day. If its a five star Kitchen, it will also have a Rare Buffet that will bring a Pokemon up 9 levels (if its below level 90) once a day.

To build on that, Pokemon with the ability Pickup will be able to get Rare Candy, going above level 50 will increase your chances.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017

I didn't realize that they were level 50 the first match but they don't continue getting stronger after the second time. I've faced them 5 times and they are still level 64.

Back