• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Growl?

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    This isn't much of a request, just a question.

Has anyone had an Idea for a "Growl" Script so the pokemon can use cries during the move?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No, you can't. If you set it in the animation editor, it will always play the same cry, no matter what the Pokémon using the attack is.

The best way would probably be to find the function codes of the sound-based moves, and then in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, add a pbPlayCry(attacker.pokemon) call just before the pbAnimation call in the relevant class.

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Alright, thanks Wichu. I was a bit confused by using pokemon cries in the animation editor instead of scripting. :)

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Thats the reason RPGM sucks, go program from scratch using real programming languages, you have control over EVERYTHING

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Thats the reason RPGM sucks, go program from scratch using real programming languages, you have control over EVERYTHING

Well RPGXP VX ect... Are made to create games right outta the box with no scripting required... Thats why alot of people use it, but I agree for a professional game you should use C++ and maybe a game engine, of if you feel like it make your own engine. Most of the people who use RPG Maker are kids teenangers who dont care bout profits or quality, they just have fun using the tool to create their fantasy worlds

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Well RPGXP VX ect... Are made to create games right outta the box with no scripting required... Thats why alot of people use it, but I agree for a professional game you should use C++ and maybe a game engine, of if you feel like it make your own engine. Most of the people who use RPG Maker are kids teenangers who dont care bout profits or quality, they just have fun using the tool to create their fantasy worlds
    Im 15 LOL been using C++ since I was 12, shows how asian I am... turning 16 in january

KingCharizard

Years
  • Im 15 LOL been using C++ since I was 12, shows how asian I am... turning 16 in january

Lol Impressive, but you can never master C++ as you should know c++ is endless, there are always new things you can do with c++. Im Curious, whats your plans in your near future? Do you plan to program games, become an engineer, what?

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Lol Impressive, but you can never master C++ as you should know c++ is endless, there are always new things you can do with c++. Im Curious, whats your plans in your near future? Do you plan to program games, become an engineer, what?
    I want to get into MIT or CalTech LOL Its a high goal, but its not impossible... Major in Comp Sci and get a job developing games, or making the game engine, Heck, I will even work for the government hacking computers if it pays

KingCharizard

Years
  • I want to get into MIT or CalTech LOL Its a high goal, but its not impossible... Major in Comp Sci and get a job developing games, or making the game engine, Heck, I will even work for the government hacking computers if it pays

MIT would be my choice, lol And Game programming is huge and with C++ in your belt, the possiblities are endless.

Back