• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen GTS | GTS Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years

• I have to admit: I spend most of my game-time trading away my Pokemon via the GTS/GTS Negotiations - It's certainly one of my favourite parts of the game. Saying that, it'll obviously [well, hopefully] be included in Black 2/White 2, and improvements could possibly be made: the 'Level 9 and under' Reshiram/Zekrom spam has become a problem that needs to be sorted, and I'd personally like to see more smilies/emotions included in the Negotiations trades.

Do you use the GTS/Negotiations often?
    Do you think they'll be improved in Black 2/White 2?
    What features/improvements would you like to see?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Do you use the GTS/Negotiations often?- Only when i'm in need of a pokemon nobody seems to have, i've used it a few times before.

Do you think they'll be improved in Black 2/White 2?-
    I honestly hope so, like you said that "level 9 and under" for legends is getting really annoying, almost as annoying as the Charmander for Lugia type trades people think somebody is gonna fall for...

What features/improvements would you like to see?-
    I would like nintendo to oversee and sort of "look out for" certain trades on the GTS to finally solve the problem of these ridiculous and very annoying trades, and restrictions on what people ask for, seriously, if i see somebody ask for a Level 1 Ho oh one more time... well i cant say that online.

overall i hope the GTS makes a trumpet return, just better handled.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Do you use the GTS/Negotiations often?
    No I clone for myself and trade, I only really used it too completely my Unova Dex. Otherwise I'd just assume use Trade Corner to make any viable trade which is not what you will find in GTS/Negotiations. If anything it is ridiculous offers and hack mons which I have seen since DP.

Honestly no, not now or any time soon. It just doesn't seem to be one of their priorities going into the new game. If we do see an improvement I think it will probably be the next generation if at all. Or some future generation.

For them to weed out the obvious illegal hacks. I don't want a Zapdos showing up as Zoroark or vice versa. Then to take out stuff that says "You can't trade for this it has already been traded for, and you know its been there for a substantial amount of time". Obviously they can't eliminate the stupidity of the one sided trades that up to the users to change themselves, which is why I recommend trading in various sites Trading Forums such as our Trade Corner.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Do you use the GTS/Negotiations often?
    the GTS not so much, the negotiation yes I use it all the time because unlike the GTS the people there are much more reasonable to trade with

Probably, I mean in Platinum they improved the old DP GTS they'll probably do it in B2/W2

a feature that stops users from requesting for a "level 9 and under" legendary

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
    Years

• Do you think they'll be improved in Black 2/White 2?-
    I honestly hope so, like you said that "level 9 and under" for legends is getting really annoying, almost as annoying as the Charmander for Lugia type trades people think somebody is gonna fall for...

Actually, some people do fall for the whole Charmander for Lugia type trades. For fun once, I offered a newly hatched pokemon (don't remember which one, but it was a common one) for a Deoxys, and ended up getting a shiny Deoxys out of it.

But aside from that, I do use the GTS/Negotiations to try to get pokemon I can't get anywhere else, but I do hope it will be improved in Black 2/White 2, I'm also annoyed at seeing those Lv 9 and under legendaries littering the GTS. Even trying to get a simple Aipom is hard because of it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Do you use the GTS/Negotiations often?

I only use it when I look for Pokémon I don't have. But as other have posted it is annoying as hell when people request legendaries or lvl 9 and under.

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • What Do You Want To Change?

Used it for the first time today. I dislike when I get someone who wants something rare when I'm just trying to get random Pokemon haha.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    They need to make it so you cant ask for something that isnt available, like you'd get an error message when trying to ask for a Lv 9 Reshiram similar to the one you get when trying to use hacked Pokemon in wi-fi battles, I just think there needs to be more hack checkers in general there to filter it more so people are actually getting fair trades and legit Pokemon.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I hate the way people keep doing the Level 9 and Under thing. I also wish you could ask for legendaries that you've never seen before.

In terms of the GTS Negotiations, I wish there was a more sophsticated system for communication. People spam frowns when they don't like something, and you can only get so much out of a small smiley face. And what is the ! button for, anyway? I use it to tell people to hurry up...

Also, I don't like that stupid Union Tower. (For anyone who doesnt know, the Union Tower is the island near Liberty Island where you can meet NPC's of people you traded with in this big tower. They say cheesy things, and it's pointless.) However, it's staying, because I saw it on the new Unova map...

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • If people ask for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina level 9 and under, it's OK since they were released at level 1 in an event. The problem is, they need to have seen them to ask for them, which means they already have them. The same goes for Manaphy and Regigigas to a lesser extent.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • I used Negotiations way more because I was fed up with 9 and under trades. Seriously, that needs to be fixed. And they need to display more than 8 possible trades or whatever. Give people the ability to scroll through.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I think that "level 9 and below" rule needs to extend to evolutions, too. I found way too many people asking for stuff level 20 or lower that evolves at 30-50, like Serperior. Only thing close to that is that old level 16 Pidgeotto, which no one can get now. I agree, being able to scroll will give a lot more people the chance to trade, as it only shows 8 at a time, and odds are, 3/4 of them are asking for that stupid level 9 or lower Legendary or evolved guy.

Not quite true that they would have the legendary, what if they accidentally knock it out or trade it off, and it turns out they really want it? I traded off my Reshirem, thinking I would never use it, but then I got White 2 and Black 2, and suddenly want it for White Kyurem. Anyway, no, Nintendo does need a net to catch that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I think that you need to read the rules of my forums before you go posting in "dead" threads. Please remember that a thread that has been inactive for at least one month is considered dead, and it is then against the rules to post in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back