• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GTS oddity?

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    Every once in awhile while I'm on GTS, I'll be searching for a certain Pokemon, and the GTS will show me tha Pokemon's name, with the sprite of what the offerer wants in return. For the past week two of them have been "stuck" there:

Lv. 100 Mew, with a Gyarados sprite. Person wants a Lv. 100 male Gyarados in return.

Lv. 21 male Milotic, with a Zapdos sprite. Person wants a Zapdos of any level in return.

Has anyone else seen this? It's quite odd. o.0

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Ive seen that gyarados as well. I think they are hacks.

the gyarados has been up for a month or so, at least.

Years
    Well i have seen the milotic one before, but I don't know about the mew one. I thought is was a side effect of an AR code and what they saw on their screen, like the zapdos sprite, is what we all see because for Wi-Fi to not be glitchy, all games must share the same screen when they go to a part in Wi-Fi like finding the milotic (if he tried seeing his milotic, and it looked like a zapdos, then if we try to see the milotic, we will see the zapdos) , also, like a battle (they share the same screen). So if they accidentally glitched their pokemon, we must see it as that too.

Sorry it's so long but that's how I think of it.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I also tried trading a Gyarados for that mew, just to see what would happen. Tried it 5 or 6 times. It always gave me the same message: "Unfortunately, it was traded to another trainer." And it would still be there after a new search. XD

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I actually had another experience. I put up something for trade and asked for a Heatran any level. I came back a few days later and...wow.

I took the pokemon out, and it was a GRAVELER with a Heatran moveset. Now remember, I asked for Heatran. I got a Graveler with the name HEATRAN and everything else was legit for a Heatran. Caught at level 70, Stark Mountain. It even had the stats of Heatran... >_> (And the typing. I had a Steel/Fire Graveler...)

~T_S

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    GTS oddities..

I once stored a Shellos and when I went to my profile (can't remember what it's called at the moment), it said I stored a Jumpluff. I went to withdraw it, and it said "Error", and took me out of the GTS. The funny thing is, I didn't have the National Dex at the time.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Oddly enough, I just had a discussion about "glitchados" on another forums. The general consensus there seems to be that it's not a hack, but a glitch with the GTS, in which the system mixes up the pokemon that the trainer is asking for with the one they're offering. For example, the Gyrados tht the system thinks is a Mew is asking for a Gyrados in return. There's another one, a Milotic asking for a Zapdos that appears as a Zapdos.

I think. No one knows for sure. XD

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ive seen that gyarados as well. I think they are hacks.

the gyarados has been up for a month or so, at least.

They arent hacks, they're glitches. If you hadnt noticed, the sprite has changed to the pokemon they are requesting. There are several instnaces of this on the GTS.

And the gyara has been there since before christmas, my brother spent a whole weekend trying to trade it lol

Back