• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Guide for quick shiny Pokemon breeding -- Saves time & Space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey guys,

This method was posted around the internet for IV breeding about two or three days ago, but me and a friend have been using it to get our shiny Pokemon. He started before me and once he did this, he got his shiny Froakie. I just started this a couple of minutes ago, so no shiny yet. Anyways, lets get started!

Things you'll need:

**Video showing Lumiose City egg hatching spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1s9hwEVm0**

-Desired Pokemon wanted in shiny form from your region, as well as a foreign Ditto or foreign same species Pokemon. For example, a Japanese Ditto and my own starter Pokemon from my Y version. (very important for higher chances at a shiny)

-Notepad (optional)

-Calculator (optional; you'll want one just in case you want to count how many Pokemon it took to get your shiny)

-Need to know how to soft reset (R+L+Select)

-Have beaten the Elite four and have access to Kiloude City (optional)

-Pokemon with Flamebody and hatch O-Power to speed up the process(again, optional)

Steps on how to do it:

1) Leave both of your breeding Pokemon at the Daycare Center.

2) Cycle around the Daycare Center until the man faces you and is ready to give you an egg. Stand in front of him and save. Do not pick up the first of five eggs until after you have saved your game (this is very important).

3) Pick up the first egg and dispose of it in your PC box (This egg isn't really needed, as it will always turn out to be the same after it hatches and you soft reset... You'll see what I mean after a few times of soft-resetting if you do decide to keep the egg.)

4) After disposing the first egg into your PC, make sure to get the other 5 brand new eggs from the daycare man. Fly to Lumiose City, and circle around the Prism Tower as seen in the video posted and hatch all of the eggs.

5) After you're done hatching the eggs, check for any shiny Pokemon. If none are shiny, then soft reset your game and do this all over again. The notepad is needed so that if preferred, you can write down the stats, abilities, and if not using an Everstone, natures of your Pokemon so that you can see that they do in fact change after every soft reset. Access to Kiloude City is needed for IV checking; you'll have more things to keep track of and see what IV's have changed from your last batch for more proof that this method does work.

With this method, you won't have to keep dumping babies after every batch of eggs into your PC; In fact, you won't need to dump any babies at all if you understand how to do it right. If you guys need any further explanation of any step or are having difficulties doing this, simply PM me or post on this thread for help!

tl;dr: Put your breeding Pokemon inside the daycare (one foreign and one native to your region), save in front of the daycare guy as he's about to give you an egg, get the first egg after you've saved and put it into the PC. After that, get five fresh eggs and hatch them. No shiny in that batch? Soft reset; every time you soft reset, the offspring inside the egg will be different if done correctly.

Happy hunting! :)

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It's a good guide. But for people like me, I'd rather just deep dumping babies in pc because it is slower to soft reset, at least to me it is, even if it may be faster.

Years
  • It's a good guide. But for people like me, I'd rather just deep dumping babies in pc because it is slower to soft reset, at least to me it is, even if it may be faster.

Soft resetting doesn't even take a second to do, as you only have to press a few buttons at the same time to do it. This method isn't for everyone, but it sure does help!

Pr3

Years
  • But I'd be dumping the first baby anyway. I don't see how this saves a lot of time, and Ik for good trained IV pokemon, you could go ahead and trade all the extra you have. Please explain how this saves time, if it does?

Years
  • But I'd be dumping the first baby anyway. I don't see how this saves a lot of time, and Ik for good trained IV pokemon, you could go ahead and trade all the extra you have. Please explain how this saves time, if it does?

When doing the Masuda Method regularly, you don't know how many eggs it'll take for you to get your shiny, whether it's after 1 egg or 5,000. You'll also have to keep dumping the eggs into your PC boxes, and will eventually run out of space if you do not start releasing them. With this method however, you'll only need five eggs. You'll still have the same chances of getting a shiny Pokemon, but there will be less time involved since you do not need to keep getting eggs from the daycare man over and over again and won't have to keep dumping and organizing them in your PC boxes. You can also save a lot of money from breeding as well.

It might be a little complicated to understand at first, but once you start doing it, you'll realize how much better it is.

Pr3

Years
  • This would really save time, if I could save right before I go into that circle. Hatch five, reset, then circle again, hatch, reset. But I have a feeling it wouldn't be that easy :P.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i have a question. do you have to reset the game and get all 5 eggs back or save after you get all 5 eggs and reset after all of them hatch?

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • i have a question. do you have to reset the game and get all 5 eggs back or save after you get all 5 eggs and reset after all of them hatch?

well if you save the game when you get all five eggs, they will hatch into the same pokemon you hatched before you reset cause they are cause they are set eggs. that's why you get rid of the first egg. cause it will always be the same egg.
    It's kind of hard to explain. I hope you can understand this.
    LoveSnoopy, is this correct? I think it is.

Years
  • This would really save time, if I could save right before I go into that circle. Hatch five, reset, then circle again, hatch, reset. But I have a feeling it wouldn't be that easy :P.

You can't save before you go to the Prism Tower in Lumiose, otherwise the eggs will hatch out to be the same every time. Trust me, this is extremely easy. I didn't really understand it at first that much, but once I got the hang of it, I realized how much easier this is than normal breeding and will never go to regular breeding again! Give it a try, then you'll probably start to understand it a bit better.

i have a question. do you have to reset the game and get all 5 eggs back or save after you get all 5 eggs and reset after all of them hatch?

Yes, whenever you see that you haven't got a shiny Pokemon from your previous batch of five, you reset the game. After you reset the game, you'll be right in front of the guy again and he'll be ready to give you an egg. Put that egg in the PC and get five new eggs, since the first egg will always turn out to be the same. After you get the new five eggs, hatch them and look for shiny Pokemon. If no shiny Pokemon are in that batch, then rinse and repeat until you get a shiny.

well if you save the game when you get all five eggs, they will hatch into the same pokemon you hatched before you reset cause they are cause they are set eggs. that's why you get rid of the first egg. cause it will always be the same egg.
    It's kind of hard to explain. I hope you can understand this.
    LoveSnoopy, is this correct? I think it is.

YES!!! That's exactly how it's done. I'm so sorry this is hard to explain, but it's really worth it once you get the hang of it!

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • It only takes a minute or two to release a box full of pokemon and unless you really wanted to save a few mere minutes from hours of hatching fine by me. Although flying to Lumiose City and getting eggs does seem more time consuming then Route 7 biking.

Years
  • I thought the best way to do the masuda method was to mix a region with abother region on a third region cartridge.
    Like say: JPN ditto
    GER drilbur
    Breeding on my US cartridge

That's what I've always heard

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I thought the best way to do the masuda method was to mix a region with abother region on a third region cartridge.
    GER drilbur

Nah, it's just 2 regions, but doing three wouldn't hurt regardless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    I thought the best way to do the masuda method was to mix a region with abother region on a third region cartridge.
    GER drilbur

Well, yup, but only 2 regions are needed.
    Got 3 Masuda Shiny's with an ENG Ditto and German Pokemons of those I want to have a shiny from.

Anyways, is there a way to speed up getting the 5 new eggs? Sometimes this even takes 5 minutes and I don't really see any advantage over doing it over and over again... as I have to collect those eggs anyways?!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I have to thank you for the Luminos City/Penny trick. I'm grinding for my shiny Honedge using this method while I work. I just gather some eggs and let it do it's thing while I work.

Very helpful.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Love this idea if the soft reset doesn't hatch the same eggs over and over again.

I might be dumb for asking this, and I'm sorry - but what is the purpose of putting that one egg in the PC? How does that influence what happens with the following 5?

Years
  • Love this idea if the soft reset doesn't hatch the same eggs over and over again.

I might be dumb for asking this, and I'm sorry - but what is the purpose of putting that one egg in the PC? How does that influence what happens with the following 5?

The first egg will always be the same, as it's already been created by the Pokemon left at the daycare. The other five however, will always be new eggs.

I'm sorry you guys aren't understanding this, just wanted to share something that has worked for me and I actually got my dream shiny Pokemon by doing this for 2-3 days last night. I'll get a mod to close this if possible.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Let me see if I can rephrase about the first Pokemon to help people out:

1. Eggs are predetermined when you get them from the Day Care dude.
    2. If you were to load up on eggs and THEN save and fly to the city to do the trick, the eggs would all always be the same every time you reloaded the game.
    3. When you save in front of the man, each time you run back and forth and gather eggs from him so that you get a new batch.
    4. The saving allows you to zip back to him instead of fly, and allows you to save time emptying your box by releasing pokemon.

Is that right LoveSnoopy?

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    If the first egg is always the same, why wouldn't you save AFTER you put the egg in the PC, but before you pick up the next 5?

I get the process as a whole, just don't understand that step still.. I'm sorry guys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    So, i get the first egg, dump it to the pc, then save. Get eggs., and then fly. Soft reset if no shiny. Right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back