• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Guide To Secrets of X&Y

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wow, that's a pretty nice discovery! :] Have you tried getting into a match, though, and see if it has any in-battle effects? Diamond Dust didn't affect battles in previous gens, but I wonder if that's any different in X and Y. Also, this would fit better in your "Guide to Secrets" thread, so I'm merging it with that; please don't mind.

Merged.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Wow, that's a pretty nice discovery! :] Have you tried getting into a match, though, and see if it has any in-battle effects? Diamond Dust didn't affect battles in previous gens, but I wonder if that's any different in X and Y. Also, this would fit better in your "Guide to Secrets" thread, so I'm merging it with that; please don't mind.

Merged.

ooh i didn't think to try that.. unfortunately, I just fetched my Lapras and surf around in the water and there was no diamond dust in battle :<

and aww, merged D:! hehe, not many will see it probably and not know of Diamond Dust in X&Y :<

Also i better send a new message to Bulbapedia xD lol I linked them to the post I made (rather than explain it out in the message) :P

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Update for those who may of missed it :P but #17 above, the Diamond Dust Easter Egg has been discovered, a PokeCommunity exclusive 1st confirmation in X&Y!

Not even the comprehensive PokeResources (bulbagarden,marriland,serebii) have any info, youtube has no videos, and other forums and reddit hasn't discovered it yet either ^^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe sometime you should make a video showing everything you've accumulated in this guide/thread.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Maybe sometime you should make a video showing everything you've accumulated in this guide/thread.

Other than stationary videos, it would be hard for me to make a video for everything, since i don't have a modded 3DS with video output. all i did to make the videos above was stuck my digital camera on some stuff with my 3ds sitting infront, turned off all the lights..

also camera was extremely close to the 3DS in order for the image to be large enough (camera's focus set to 6cm), so close that i couldn't even get my hands in there to do anything unless my hands block the video at times or accidentally knock the camera xP

also unfortunately for some of those secrets above, I couldn't even get a video of unless I reset my Adventure and replay the story since alot are one time only events.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Other than stationary videos, it would be hard for me to make a video for everything, since i don't have a modded 3DS with video output. all i did to make the videos above was stuck my digital camera on some stuff with my 3ds sitting infront, turned off all the lights..

also camera was extremely close to the 3DS in order for the image to be large enough (camera's focus set to 6cm), so close that i couldn't even get my hands in there to do anything unless my hands block the video at times or accidentally knock the camera xP

also unfortunately for some of those secrets above, I couldn't even get a video of unless I reset my Adventure and replay the story since alot are one time only events.

Ah, right. Forgot about all that stuff. Oh well, at least we get this thread.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • does the fact you can dodge the lift and sit on the throne in the room before the champion (name is a spoiler ofcourse) count as a secret?

I don't think so o;, mainly cause it serves no purpose, maybe if it unlocked an event or triggered something slightly different to happen, then yes. but I actually did that myself during one of my E4 playthroughs.

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
    Years
  • Not sure if those are in battle animations ^^
    But yes animations play.
    How did you stumble upon this feature, I only discovered it trough luck?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure if those are in battle animations ^^
    But yes animations play.
    How did you stumble upon this feature, I only discovered it trough luck?

Some time ago on my White, for whatever reason I had tapped one of my Pokémon on its status screen, and it jumped to its back sprite. So Zekrom would go from:
    Guide To Secrets of X&Y

to:

Guide To Secrets of X&Y

And I remembered that the other day while playing Y, so I figured that something similar should happen in X/Y, tapped one of my pokes on their status screen, and lo and behold, it played a little animation.

Last edited:

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Just read somewhere that in order to activate the Lumiose Ghost mystery, you just need to bring by a Rotom (from Lost Hotel, dunno about previous gen. transfers) on Tuesday in order to receive a rare candy.

Seems kinda lame considering this ghost has created all sorts of awesome speculation. I haven't been able to test this theory, so if someone is more able than I at the moment, I suggest at least trying it.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Just read somewhere that in order to activate the Lumiose Ghost mystery, you just need to bring by a Rotom (from Lost Hotel, dunno about previous gen. transfers) on Tuesday in order to receive a rare candy.

Seems kinda lame considering this ghost has created all sorts of awesome speculation. I haven't been able to test this theory, so if someone is more able than I at the moment, I suggest at least trying it.

that is an extremely old rumor, from literally the beginning, october.. it's been disproven extensively. Even i've tried it personally long ago (at various times), does absolutely nothing. same goes with Darkrai, Cresselia, or any previous gen legendary combination.

most likely some moron heard there's a Rotom event on a Tuesday, and mixed the two together, before it became common knowledge the Tuesday Rotom event is just the day you can find Rotom.

Back