• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gyakuten Kenji/Ace Attorney Investigations 2 announced

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • https://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutenkenji/2/

The game has been in development for a year, so it's still too early to guess a release date. But it's pretty much what you would expect: an AAI sequel. Lots of cameos, same trio (Edgeworth, Kay and Gumshoe) and same gameplay system for now.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Magazine scans:

Spoiler:

Credit to Gerudoman and acezam from Meristation for the pictures.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Great to hear (I like all five), though I preferred the Phoenix Wright games over Apollo and Miles Edgeworth.

Would be nice if one of the stories (Say the last one) got you to find the murderer as in the other game, then you had to prove him guilty against Phoenix Wright in court to finish off.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Great to hear (I like all five), though I preferred the Phoenix Wright games over Apollo and Miles Edgeworth.
    agreed. i'm still excited for this but i know its not going to match the wright series.
    looking at the screens, looks like they wont be putting in anything new, which is a bit of a shame.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • agreed. i'm still excited for this but i know its not going to match the wright series.
    looking at the screens, looks like they wont be putting in anything new, which is a bit of a shame.
    Actually, they said they were adding alot of new features, but they're withholding information for now. I'm not to syked, but I did appreciate the phoenix reference on the plane. Also, I'd be happy to see Viola Cadaverini in this game, she didn't get nearly enough airtime in TnT. Plus, it looks like they added a new word (like Eureka! and Objection!...but you know...a new one).

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Awesome. I loved the first AAI so I absolutely can't wait for this one.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • ew. Personally, I felt that AAI was the worst game in the series. The 'logic' was so horribly hard, oh god. I did, however, like the fact that you could walk around. And the characters. >_> I want another trilogy of Phoenix games, haha. With moving. :O

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed that we finally get an announcement for a new GS game and it's a direct sequel to Investigations. :/ I played the original but I didn't really enjoy it. It was okay for a one-time spinoff in the series but I didn't like its direction as a whole. I'll probably still play this if only for the cameos (...so long as they aren't all Oldbag again ffffffffffffffff) but I'm just not looking forward to it.

I wish they'd come out with GS5 soon. The total lack of announcement about it is making me wonder if it'll ever happen, and if it doesn't, I'd rather they just cut off the series and start something new with the same writers and producers and developers than get into the spinoff business.

Back