• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Her name obviously suggests she is a grass type gym leader, but she isn't dressed/looks like one and the city Shippou doesn't sou)nd like a very grass loving place (or is that the Jap name still? If so what does it mean? Compared to all the previous Grass Gymleaders. She could possibly be steel, as she looks like a person who would train steel pokemon.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    You can't always go with a city's environments for gym types. Celadon City may have been green but it was an urban area. Eterna City wasn't very green at all. It's only reference to grass was really the nearby forest. Erika doesn't "look" like a Grass-user. The idea of a Grass Gym for her was centered around the Japanese art of flower arranging. For all we know Aloe could work in a greenhouse.

And in Japan, many important Pokemon characters are named after plants.

I think Dento will be a Normal leader or Bug, because of his hair color and clothing accents. As for Aloe... I'd love a Grass Gym Leader, but I'm not so sure that's her signature type.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Dento could be a normal type, and I'm guessing Aloe is a grass type because of her name.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Her name obviously suggests she is a grass type gym leader, but she isn't dressed/looks like one and the city Shippou doesn't sou)nd like a very grass loving place (or is that the Jap name still? If so what does it mean? Compared to all the previous Grass Gymleaders. She could possibly be steel, as she looks like a person who would train steel pokemon.
    most gym leaders have the looks that give away their type.
    Like the grass gym leaders mostly look greenish or have gardening clothes on.
    Water gym leaders have swimsuits on.
    Fighting gym leaders are bulky or stand in a fighting pose.
    etc.

Aloe could be anything.
    As for Dento... I think normal/ or psychic.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    My vote with Dento is going to be normal/ psychic. oAo

I cannot see him using a bug type...

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    most gym leaders have the looks that give away their type.
    Like the grass gym leaders mostly look greenish or have gardening clothes on.
    Water gym leaders have swimsuits on.
    Fighting gym leaders are bulky or stand in a fighting pose.
    etc.

Aloe could be anything.
    As for Dento... I think normal/ or psychic.

yeah he looks kinda psychic, but no way that they will put a first gym battle with psychic pokemon

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Here's a little something I made a few months back:

Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Just look at all them gym leaders :rambo:
    You gotta admit that most of those gym leaders dress up as their type.
    Now here's Aloe & Dento:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Aloe isnt dressed for Grass types, plus her outfit doesnt hint at grass like all the other grass users, shes dark typed :)

Dento.... Grass,or Bug :) if hes the first, then ill go YES! no more Rock type first XD

wats wrong with bug types?

i know real life bugs are disgustin, totally epic fail creations, but bug pokemon are awesome :)
    Bugs are not epic failed creations, they can take over the world actually if only they could connect and think like humans...we humans would be gone in a few days...
    Does anyone know what Dento means in Japanese?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    maby they stop using mono type gyms i mean look at dento's badge you can't really make any type of it

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Dento might be electric from what I've seen in the preview he seems to have an "electric personality" :P
    no but seriously I could see him using electric types.

Guys, just noticed this but, Aloe is wearing an apron and Dento is dressed like a waiter, battle restaurants anyone. (jk)

It is confirmed Gyms" could be gone, the building of course.

L
    Look, you are fighting Aloe in her trainers school and Dento in his castle, this is one of the best things to happen to Pokemon, NO MORE "GYM BUILDINGS"

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I swear if Dento is Rock Type I'll be dreading that gym.
    I'm sick and tired of Rock Gyms, atleast as the first gym anyway. Come on Nintendo! Mix it up and put Rock last!
    Here's some types Dento could be according to a pattern I thought up.
    Grass, Fire, Water, Rock(please no!), Ground, Flying, Bug, Electric(if it's going to be first gym it needs more weaknesses, or a ground type available before this gym), and Poison
    How did I figure this? Most of the first gym's types have been supereffective against atleast ONE starter.
    Brock/Roxanne/Roark was supereffective against fire.
    Falkner was super effective against Grass
    I would want a Grass or Electric type because we haven't had any first gyms supereffective against water yet. Preferably grass, since electric has only one weakness: Ground.

Years
    I swear if Dento is Rock Type I'll be dreading that gym.
    I'm sick and tired of Rock Gyms, atleast as the first gym anyway. Come on Nintendo! Mix it up and put Rock last!
    Here's some types Dento could be according to a pattern I thought up.
    Grass, Fire, Water, Rock(please no!), Ground, Flying, Bug, Electric(if it's going to be first gym it needs more weaknesses, or a ground type available before this gym), and Poison
    How did I figure this? Most of the first gym's types have been supereffective against atleast ONE starter.
    Brock/Roxanne/Roark was supereffective against fire.
    Falkner was super effective against Grass
    I would want a Grass or Electric type because we haven't had any first gyms supereffective against water yet. Preferably grass, since electric has only one weakness: Ground.
    Though Aloe seems like the Grass gym leader by her name so I think he might be Electric if still mono type :)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    EVERYONE!!!!
    According to Serebii you have to answer questions about type advantages in Dento's Gym, I AM NOW CONVINCED he is "Poly-Type" and he might use the 3 starters.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    Dento is just... *Melts* He looks epicness with green hair.
    I also think he is a bug type leader =/... His hair reminds me of that one Elite 4 member in Sinnoh... What was his name? I would love him to be a Normal type trainer, though

Oh, and Aloe's clothes look so suitable for gardening... I wouldn't be surprised if she was a grass type leader.

Years
    EVERYONE!!!!
    According to Serebii you have to answer questions about type advantages in Dento's Gym, I AM NOW CONVINCED he is "Poly-Type" and he might use the 3 starters.
    That's true he could be our first, first poly type gym leader :), the only other poly type was Blue in GSCHgSS but he was the last :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I think Dento might be a Normal Type Gym Leader, or maybe Steel, like cutlery. Since he's a waiter.

Aloe is definitely Psychic. Whether she's into arts or a teacher, Psychic types are artistic and smart. Names also mean nothing, well her name will be changed in English anyway :P

Years
    I think Dento might be a Normal Type Gym Leader, or maybe Steel, like cutlery. Since he's a waiter.

Aloe is definitely Psychic. Whether she's into arts or a teacher, Psychic types are artistic and smart. Names also mean nothing, well her name will be changed in English anyway :P
    They do mean something, look at the Electric gym leaders names ;)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Usually the names are a good sign of what the gym type will be.

Dento could be a traditional rock or possibly a steel type given that steel types are the only ones that could possibly be "dented" since there is no real translation for that name

Aloe is a huge giveaway that she probably is a grass type gym leader. All grass type gym leaders have been female, more than likely, she's going to be one the grass type gym leader for this region.

Hoping for another fire-type gym. so far, the trend has been on the odd generation i.e. kanto being the 1st and Hoenn being the 3rd gen fire type. More than likely we will given the amount of fire types released so far

Back