• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hmm... I JUST noticed that Dento is a "Pokémon wine taster" whatever that means O.o
    Also, "he seems to have a lot of knowledge on Pokémon"

Wonder what that tells us O.o...
    appearanceour first gym leader have to do with drink and food respectively :P.Knowledge...wine...well wine is made of fruits so maybe he's the grass gym leader :\?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    I think dento will be bug type but i would like him to be dark or ghost.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Some other clues to the gym leaders type are their clothing...sometimes their type is the opposite (Candace) of what they wear she wears summer like clothing but she is an Ice gym leader, then their is the traditional clothing that is a sure give away (all the electric gym leader wear military clothing according to the trivia in Bulbapedia under "Electric type)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Dento might be electric from what I've seen in the preview he seems to have an "electric personality" :P
    no but seriously I could see him using electric types.

Guys, just noticed this but, Aloe is wearing an apron and Dento is dressed like a waiter, battle restaurants anyone. (jk)

It is confirmed Gyms" could be gone, the building of course.

LLook, you are fighting Aloe in her trainers school and Dento in his castle, this is one of the best things to happen to Pokemon, NO MORE "GYM BUILDINGS"

You might want to put the picture in a spoiler so you don't stretch everybody's screen. :x

If Dento happens to be a rock type gym leader I won't be surprised. :\ Sadly, they've done it every time and I'd like to see a change since so far, Black and White is starting things off fresh with no other generation pokémon being in the game until most likely after the national dex. If they put in a different type for the 1st gym leader, I'm sure a lot of people are going to start getting more interested in this game. I mean it'll be a little thing, but apparently it counts for a lot. xD;

The building looks really epic. I'm glad they are changing it up a bit and not have it be so the same.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    [jq]The "puzzle" in both of these Gyms are quizes. Dento's quizes are about Pokemon type compadibility (such as "fire vs. water. who would win?") You have to step on tiles to submit your answer. Aloe's quiz is not Pokemon related at all and is more about food.[/jq]

From PokeJungle. I lol'd at the food part.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Dento's tri-colored badge and his questions about type match-ups makes me agree with whoever suggested he is multi-type and uses the three starters.

As for Aloe, I'm thinking Grass since 1) her name is a plant, and 2) she is a chef, and the only type I can think of going with that is Grass because chefs work with vegetables.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @cyberglass that would be me, thanks for agreeing, and I agree with you as well that Aloe will be grass

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I personally think Dento will either be Bug because his hair looks very similar to Aaron's hair or monotype as shown by the tri-colored badge.

Aroe, I think she looks Grass but I also think Rock and Steel would be possibilities

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    For some reason, I think Dento will be either Rock or Normal, and Aloe is obviously another Grass Gym Leader.

The only think that surprised me is Aloe's puzzle: you have to answer questions based on food.

That's the weirdest idea for a Gym puzzle. It's possible it won't be bad, but it's still weird.

Back