• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Heyyy @ Austy that's actually a really good point o.o

And in fact I think it wouldn't be too bad of a plot point either. Maybe like Aloe's daughter or something? Also if you think about it, Aloe is a plant and flower... So is Iris. COINCIDENCE?

Years
    Dento- Bug
    Aloe- Fire or Grass
    Ground Leader
    Electric Leader
    Steel leader
    Water Leader
    Fighting Leader
    Dark Leader

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Heyyy @ Austy that's actually a really good point o.o

And in fact I think it wouldn't be too bad of a plot point either. Maybe like Aloe's daughter or something? Also if you think about it, Aloe is a plant and flower... So is Iris. COINCIDENCE?

I THINK NOT! And it would be fun if she were in-game too. She could just be a random person... and I think they should make more 1-of a kind trainers. Just some random person "PKMN Trainer Iris" that looks unique but has no special purpose. Kinda make the people more real and unique, not clones of eachother.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I THINK NOT! And it would be fun if she were in-game too. She could just be a random person... and I think they should make more 1-of a kind trainers. Just some random person "PKMN Trainer Iris" that looks unique but has no special purpose. Kinda make the people more real and unique, not clones of eachother.
    Speaking of unique trainers, I remember seeing two girls on a screenshot posted on another thread around last month or so, I wonder if those two girls might be gym leaders or unique characters like N :\
    So Iris being in game is possible there was a rumor that both her and Dento were...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well Dento is for sure. And Iris could just be a younger anime counterpart for Aloe, if my process of realativity is true. Or she could be in the game. Maybe we don't battle her in game though, she could just stand there and say "My mom is a great cook! But she's even better at Pokemon, so watch out!"

Years
    Well Dento is for sure. And Iris could just be a younger anime counterpart for Aloe, if my process of realativity is true. Or she could be in the game. Maybe we don't battle her in game though, she could just stand there and say "My mom is a great cook! But she's even better at Pokemon, so watch out!"
    She isn't as we saw Anime art of both Iris and Aloe already...
    The last statement is the most likely :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That reminds me of Max!! In emerald May/Brenden have a younger brother (doesn't look to much like max) and Max was also based on the school kid class in r/s/e:
    Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion
    - could be the same for iris! I also support Iris being Aloes daughter, just look at dawn (unless you pick lucas)! Her mothers a co-ordinator in the games as well as the anime...

Years
    I hope we get the other gym leaders soon :)
    I just remember something...in the odd numbered gens they only show a Silhouette of the 8th gym leader (this applies to E only in the hoenn games) in the game manual...Gen 1's was obvious, gen 3 was to not show us the new 8th gym leader is,
    So maybe Isshu's 8th gym leader will be someone to silhouette too :D! Possibly N maybe ;)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I have already said this, but GF wont make Aloe a Dark Type Gym Leader for very, very obvious reasons.

If they did ake her dark, I would actually laugh because of the huge controversy it would create. "In top news today, Game Freak is sued for a large amount of racism in their latest installment of the Pokemon game series." Yeah. And for some reason, that felt like deja vu. Maybe I posted something just like this the other day and fprgot about it, maybe I dreamt it o_O

Years
    If they did ake her dark, I would actually laugh because of the huge controversy it would create. "In top news today, Game Freak is sued for a large amount of racism in their latest installment of the Pokemon game series." Yeah. And for some reason, that felt like deja vu. Maybe I posted something just like this the other day and fprgot about it, maybe I dreamt it o_O
    You did post something like this the other day :P
    Yeah I see her more as the normal, grass, or possibly steel type than Dark type :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, Aloe and Dento must have been revealed for a reason - so when the time comes, which is very soon I'm assuming, we'll know why they were revealed instead of other possible gym leaders (not just because of types, but yeah).

Years
    Well, Aloe and Dento must have been revealed for a reason - so when the time comes, which is very soon I'm assuming, we'll know why they were revealed instead of other possible gym leaders (not just because of types, but yeah).
    They were revealed first by the anime actually...So the reason is the anime :P
    Though we would have seen them anyways in the Corocoro scans though, so you have a point :)
    I just think it's because they are the first ones nothing real special...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm sure Aloe wasn't revealed first by the anime?

Either way; if they have a significant part in the anime, they'll have a significant part in-game (well, hopefully more than the others).

Years
    I'm sure Aloe wasn't revealed first by the anime?

Either way; if they have a significant part in the anime, they'll have a significant part in-game (well, hopefully more than the others).
    Oh wait take that back she was in a Scan at first, though her full body was shown in the anime :)
    Well Brock had a big part in the anime, not so much in game, I think it's going to be the same for Dento and Aloe.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I actually do wish they showed us more gym leaders and scans... I have almost as much fun pre-game imagining it all as I do playing the games. I hope it's like Johtowhere you can easily beat the gym leaders in any order you want (and I suppose kanto in Gen II/IV was that way, even more so). Because I liked goin in a different order, to see if it affacted anything :)

Years
    I actually do wish they showed us more gym leaders and scans... I have almost as much fun pre-game imagining it all as I do playing the games. I hope it's like Johtowhere you can easily beat the gym leaders in any order you want (and I suppose kanto in Gen II/IV was that way, even more so). Because I liked goin in a different order, to see if it affacted anything :)
    Well I hope they make the levels different for every gym leader based on the order you went to make it harder if what you want happens :)

Back