• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well, not that it's my opinion, it's... just yeah how people will react. XD

But oooh, -if- Tabuune is real (was it even confirmed as 100% real yet? I know people were saying it wasn't as far as rumours go) then yeah I agree.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Aloe isnt dressed for Grass types, plus her outfit doesnt hint at grass like all the other grass users, shes dark typed :)

Dento.... Grass,or Bug :) if hes the first, then ill go YES! no more Rock type first XD

wats wrong with bug types?

i know real life bugs are disgustin, totally epic fail creations, but bug pokemon are awesome :)
    I know that first comment was totally inappropriate, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the stupidity. You are most definately a troll. A racist one at that.

The second one I've bolded - If bugs didn't exist, you wouldn't. Ever heard of the food chain? Probably not....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    @ above; normal type would be nice, but I just don't see it. I don't want her to be grass like people think; I want her to be less obvious.

As for ice, that might be a little unlikely, considering Jynx is ice-type, etc legal stuff.
    I hope not, that would be silly if they did...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It might be silly, but I don't think Game Freak/Nintendo/Pokemon enjoys getting complaints :x

I do think we'll probably have a male ice-type gym leader though, for some reason.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    It might be silly, but I don't think Game Freak/Nintendo/Pokemon enjoys getting complaints :x

I do think we'll probably have a male ice-type gym leader though, for some reason.

Oh, yeah! Think of the publicity! "Game Freak makes mega racist situation in new Pokemon games!!!" Lol, I bet a bunch of people would buy it to see what the comotion was about. And I was too young when the whole Jynx thing came about I didn't hear about it until about 2 years ago I thinks.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^thats actually sort of true.

I think we need a Jynx evo btw, Mag and Buzz got one.

If we get a male ice leader his name will prob be cole.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Heracross should get an evolution if Pinsir does. And who wants another Gym with a double battle? Or maybe even a triple battle now tht those are out? With Liza and Tate I liked the challenge but also it kinda helped having a double battle. It was different! :D

Years
    Heracross should get an evolution if Pinsir does. And who wants another Gym with a double battle? Or maybe even a triple battle now tht those are out? With Liza and Tate I liked the challenge but also it kinda helped having a double battle. It was different! :D
    I haven't thought about triplet gym leaders until now :), Yeah what would be a good triplet type though other than Psychic?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Something I'd like to see back with the Gym Leaders is being able to have a rematch with them. This happened in Pokémon Emerald and was very fun and handy; especially since they grew higher levels after a rematch. If they bring this back with the Gym Leaders in Black and White that will help bring more great activity towards the game. I for one will be even more excited as well. owo;

As for the poll between Aloe and Dento (rhyming names xD) I find myself leaning more towards Dento. The design of his gym too; it's really fascinating.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I did kinda like HG/SS's rematch thing, cus you got to see the leaders outside of the gym which was fun. I just hated that their schedule was so tight though! And for triplets... I would think normal, or if there are multi-type gyms, maybe a grass-fire-water combo. Though for your gym rematch you should have a choice--single, double, or triple. Maybe even tag-team battles, where you get a gym leader on your side!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    gym 1- Denton [insert type here(Grass,or Bug IMO)]
    gym 2 [until stated otherwise] - Aloe [insert type here(Fire,or Dark IMO)]
    gym 3 - Mixed Types, triple battle
    gym 4 - Water type, double battle (for ironic purposes :P)
    gym 5 - Dark is a must.
    gym 6 - Psychic, Rollercoaster IF its actually a gym (doubt it)
    gym 7 - Team up with Rival(s) just cuz itd be kinda interestin to see the rival(s) be more involved with the storyline
    gym 8 - Rock, no more Rock as first, time for an evil Rock gym worthy of being our opponent :D

Years
    gym 1- Denton [insert type here(Grass,or Bug IMO)]
    gym 2 [until stated otherwise] - Aloe [insert type here(Fire,or Dark IMO)]
    gym 3 - Mixed Types, triple battle
    gym 4 - Water type, double battle (for ironic purposes :P)
    gym 5 - Dark is a must.
    gym 6 - Psychic, Rollercoaster IF its actually a gym (doubt it)
    gym 7 - Team up with Rival(s) just cuz itd be kinda interestin to see the rival(s) be more involved with the storyline
    gym 8 - Rock, no more Rock as first, time for an evil Rock gym worthy of being our opponent :D
    Aloe being dark type makes little sense though :\

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Having a Dark Type for the Second Gym would be redundant to say the least. I mean, how many Dark moves does a Pokemon learn at say Level 20? Not many I'd imagine xD

If they do have a Dark Gym, I would assume it be likely higher in the roster, maybe even as an 8th Gym.

As for my theories, I think Dento is Normal Type. Normal is a good starting type, and look at him! xD He's a Pokemon Waiter that surveys compatibility between trainers and Pokes. I dunno, I just honestly get the Normal vibe from him. Though I could be totally wrong. As for Aloe, no clue! She cooks, and she's in a city with museums and history. I would think perhaps Rock, but her whole cooking thing throws me off.

What also confuses me is the lack of leaning toward specific Types in the setup of the Gyms and their appearance. Maybe we're all completely wrong and Isshu doesn't have Type-based Leaders xD We'll see~

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ^thats actually sort of true.

I think we need a Jynx evo btw, Mag and Buzz got one.

If we get a male ice leader his name will prob be cole.
    Sorry, but Cole is much better for a Fire leader. It's pronounced exactly like coal.

Other than that, I'm still waiting on a child leader. Before you say it, no Tate and Liza do not count, because I'm talking one as young as the the Twins or PokeKid trainer class. Or, at the very least, a frontier brain. One in charge of a Battle Factory would make sense.

Dento is first, right? I'm expecting Normal. From Aloe, it should either be Grass or Fire.

Last edited:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I'm just wonderin... since dento is referred to as the "brock" of Ishuu (first gym leader and travels with anime) then do you think Iris is a gym leader, since Misty was, and the female character not being in the anime? And maybe, if she's not a leader, could her darker skin be like Aloe, she being the second Gym leader, like Misty was, making Iris possibly related to a gym leader? I know it's sorta random (and maybe confusing, combing 6 sentences at a time XD), but so is Iris.

Back