• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well the Honeycomb and that Cave seem to me like Gyms along with the Roller coaster so that would be 4 plus Aloe and Dento making six if we are right, so we have yet to see too more :)

Cave + Honeycomb Forge + Roller coaster = 4? Thats 3 whats the 4th? Thats 5 total

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    do you guys mean the cave with the magnetic rocks? I always thought that was where Zekrom was

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I believe that Aloe is probably a Grass leader, solely based on her name. However, for Dento I am not too sure what type he may specialize in. I hope that this generation there are gym leaders with two main types. (Like I want Aloe to be Rock/Grass.)

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Cave + Honeycomb Forge + Roller coaster = 4? Thats 3 whats the 4th? Thats 5 total
    Actually we've got six or seven gyms already.
    Second time posting this: Sakrey's Gym Investigation

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually we've got six or seven gyms already.
    Second time posting this: Sakrey's Gym Investigation
    Ah it was the one with the colors is the one that I forgot to put, also the Castle is the same as Dento's place though the seventh is that place with the rings if it is a Gym so it's seven not six or five :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Wow Sakrey has a really keen eye. Also I'm guessing Dento is Poly Grass/Fire/Water. With Yanappu being his grass type, if not then he's pure grass.

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
    Seeing as Dento has the Broccoli monkey in the anime, it is likely that he's going to be a Grass gym leader, or possibly the Fire-Water-Grass leader, with 3 pokemon. Either way, we know he's at least grass now.

Unless of course Nintendo is pulling a Volkner in Diamond and Pearl, who has like, no Electric types.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Seeing as Dento has the Broccoli monkey in the anime, it is likely that he's going to be a Grass gym leader, or possibly the Fire-Water-Grass leader, with 3 pokemon. Either way, we know he's at least grass now.

Unless of course Nintendo is pulling a Volkner in Diamond and Pearl, who has like, no Electric types.

Ugh, I hope they don't do that again. I hated how the leaders just had random Pokemon (especially Flint, though E4, with 2 Fire Pokemon).

crystal286

Awesome Type Trainer
    Years
    uh... I just saw a video from a website showing Dento's gym right now and his gym looks like a castle like place... What kind of pokemon is in a castle like place? I didn't get a good look of aloe's gym though... That sucks. I THINK dento's gym looks like a castle. I saw it but you should look for websites that show his gym. Sorry! I forgot which website I went on to get the information! But if I find it again, I'll tell.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    His gym is basically a screen showing for example a leaf representing Grass and a red, blue and green tile to step on its strength or weakness or whatever until you get to him. Very very basic.

Years
    His gym is basically a screen showing for example a leaf representing Grass and a red, blue and green tile to step on its strength or weakness or whatever until you get to him. Very very basic.
    "His" are you talking about Dento's gym? I heard his was some sort of Quiz...

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

"His" are you talking about Dento's gym? I heard his was some sort of Quiz...

Yes the only guy we are talking about dude... and yes that is the quiz... Whats the weakness of grass? blah blah blah vets will laugh at it beginners might not but it would be hard for them. GF is always beginner friendly...

Years
    Yes the only guy we are talking about dude... and yes that is the quiz... Whats the weakness of grass? blah blah blah vets will laugh at it beginners might not but it would be hard for them. GF is always beginner friendly...
    Well I wasn't sure if you were talking about another gym...plus why the panels...so you think or know that the panels are opinions, I thought it was a different gym...
    Yeah lots of Games I have played are...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well I wasn't sure if you were talking about another gym...plus why the panels...so you think or know that the panels are opinions, I thought it was a different gym...
    Yeah lots of Games I have played are...

It could be like Blaine's original gym. Where you answer a question ,and get it wrong you have a battle with a junior trainer and get it right you don't have to battle.

The Red Chain

I dunno if anyone's seen this yet but I decided to post it just in case.
    Pokejungle posted videos earlier, one of them showing Dento's gym badge :

Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Everyone who was saying he has Fire, Grass, and Water types... I think you may be right.. O_O;

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Well, I'm starting to think that gyms in Isshu run a little different (maybe they're two-typed?)

I mean, Dento seems like a Grass type trainer to me, given his green eyes, hair, attire, what I know of his personality, and the fact that he has that broccoli monkey Pokemon in the anime, lol. But that badge doesn't look very grass-ish to me, so now I don't know what to think.

And as for Aloe, I'm not so sure that she's a Grass GL just because of her name. I'll need to see more information, I guess, before I can make a fair guess. :>

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i believe dento is grass/water/fire
    and as for aloe im not that sure but i hope shes dark but its not likely

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I dunno if anyone's seen this yet but I decided to post it just in case.
    Pokejungle posted videos earlier, one of them showing Dento's gym badge :

Everyone who was saying he has Fire, Grass, and Water types... I think you may be right.. O_O;

This. I think he's tri-type also now. I was wrong xD I thought he was only Grass.

Now everyone, feast your eyes on these:

The second is Aloe. The third is a heart o_O The fourth, thunderbolt? Electric gym perhaps?

Back