• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Gym battles aren't tough enough to impress me.. unfortunately. The first gym battle was pretty fun though, Boappu was a rather tough opponent. Bah, I don't even remember the gym leader's name. x_x

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Kamitsure was very annoying to fight underleveled. She wasn't hard or anything, but Volt Change is really annoying if it's all she uses.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    The first gym was the only Gym that actuallly posed a threat, then again I simply adore Kamitsure!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Thy Gym of Electric was very hard to pass, i lose about 6 times, that amongo was a pain in the ass

Emonga. Anyway.

I found the first and second gyms the hardest \: Third/fourth/fifth the easiest.

sixth/seventh/eighth were all mediocre. I would of loved more of a challenge.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • By the sound of it Isshu was easy compared to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and even Sinnoh...I miss the Hoenn gym leaders just by hearing how weak Isshu's are...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't know, there are a couple of people that had a difficult time with a few of the Gym Leaders. I guess it all depends on what level range you've reached to them though. I hope they do put on some kind of challenge for me however, and I'm pretty sure since B/W has been leaning towards levels being high for various points in the game (like the Elite Four levels, Victory Road's, and even how long it takes for one Pokémon to evolve in levels) I'll have a chance to get the challenge I'm expecting. n_n;

As for looking through the designs of each Gym Leader, I would say I like Kamitsure the most and by far, my favorite Gym Leader for this generation. I love electric type Pokémon, and her design fit overall is quite outstanding. Her outfit fits the electric typing but as for the challenge she puts up I'm not quite sure. Of course she's only the fourth Gym Leader so she won't be too difficult to defeat and so there's not really much I can say to that. XD;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • By watching the gym battle videos on YouTube, I figured out part of Kamitsure's battling style. Her Emonga spam Volt Change, swapping out one Emonga out for the other (if one Emonga uses Volt Change, Kamitsure switches in the other one). While this is annoying for most people, it can be countered; I also came up with a strategy to counter it. By having Dangoro/Gantoru/Gigaiath/Ishizumai/Iwaparesu set up Stealth Rock, the Emonga will lose 25% HP with each switch in.

Edit: a simpler solution would be to put a Ground Pokemon up front, and pray it doesn't die to Emonga's other attacks.

Last edited:

Years
  • I don't know, there are a couple of people that had a difficult time with a few of the Gym Leaders. I guess it all depends on what level range you've reached to them though. I hope they do put on some kind of challenge for me however, and I'm pretty sure since B/W has been leaning towards levels being high for various points in the game (like the Elite Four levels, Victory Road's, and even how long it takes for one Pokémon to evolve in levels) I'll have a chance to get the challenge I'm expecting. n_n;

As for looking through the designs of each Gym Leader, I would say I like Kamitsure the most and by far, my favorite Gym Leader for this generation. I love electric type Pokémon, and her design fit overall is quite outstanding. Her outfit fits the electric typing but as for the challenge she puts up I'm not quite sure. Of course she's only the fourth Gym Leader so she won't be too difficult to defeat and so there's not really much I can say to that. XD;
    You know she is the only one who hasn't had a Military related clothing out of the 4 electric gym leaders, ironically she is also the only female electric gym leader...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Kamitsure is my favorite by far.Heck,even my Zeburaika will be named after her.In my previous Nuzlocke Run I was saw her.All I could say was "Stunning" I was speechless.She is my favorite gym leader in Pokémon.Before I hated Electric Gym Leaders,they wern't just appealing to me.Kamitsure is a fresh new groove for the Electric Gym leaders.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I find it amazing that they made an Ice cream Pokemon and now a gym leader has it. my favorite gym leader would have to be Hodomoe city gym because it has two cool looking Pokemon (I'm starting to become a sucker for Doryuuzu now) and Waruvile

:t354:TG

Years
  • Kamitsure is my favorite by far.Heck,even my Zeburaika will be named after her.In my previous Nuzlocke Run I was saw her.All I could say was "Stunning" I was speechless.She is my favorite gym leader in Pokémon.Before I hated Electric Gym Leaders,they wern't just appealing to me.Kamitsure is a fresh new groove for the Electric Gym leaders.
    She is stunning I like it that they finally made a female Electric gym leader :)

Back