• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym leader/trial captains age speculation

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • btw i don't care how old any of these characters are i just think it's fun to speculate since most of pokemon characters are like unknown or whatever the trial captains for example are "anywhere between 11-19" (LOL) so i'm here to ask people to speculate, if you wish on the ages of the gym leaders in the games.

Tbh, I'm not going to give exact age estimates for all of these characters. I'm going to give estimates or just 18^ or 21/25^ for any I can't think of.

Anyway, my speculations/estimates:

Brock: 15 (because he's 15 in the anime or whatever)
    Misty: ~13, maybe ~15. Tbh, anime Misty being 10 was always weird to me, I honestly believe she's older than that.
    Lt. Surge: 25^ but <40.
    Erica: 21^ but <30.
    Koga: 35^, he has a teenage/young adult daughter.
    Janine: 14^ but probably <20.
    Sabrina: 21 (according to Bulbapedia, so I have no need to even bother speculating this one)
    Blaine: 55^.
    Giovanni: 35^ as he has a son, Blue/Green whatever you call him is 13 in G/S/C, so no specualtion needed.

For Johto, I honestly think most of the gym leaders are mostly young adults, except Chuck and Pryce, obviously.

Falkner: Between 20-25, most likely.
    Bugsy: in my opinion anywhere between 16-20. He seems pretty young, if you ask me.
    Whitney: between 16-18.
    Morty: 20-25.
    Chuck: 30^
    Jasmine: between 21-25.
    Pryce: confirmed to be above 50, no need to speculate.
    Claire: around 20 or 25, maybe.

For Hoenn, I'm going to just try my best to estimate, I don't think there's any concreteness with most of these character.

Roxanne: 22^ in the anime, she's a teacher, I think she is in the manga, too, so I'd assume she's at least an adult.
    Brawly: 21^.
    Wattson: 60^. He's already got white hair, lmfao, rip old man.
    Flanerry: 16-20? Honestly think she's a young adult, can't say much.
    Norman: 30^, I mean the player character is his kid, and the R/S/E/OR/AS protagonist is about 12, so.
    Winona: 21^.
    Tate and Lisa: 16 or 18, idk.
    Wallace: 25^ and Juan: 30^

For Sinnoh, I'd say most of them are in their 20s, lmfao.

Roark: 20^.
    Gardenia: 20^.
    Maylene: ~17-22, maybe.
    Crasher Wake: 30^.
    Fantina: 25^.
    Byron: 40^, since Roark is his son, btw fun fact the person who gives you the explorer kit is Byron's father.
    Candice: also probably between ~17-22.
    Volkner: 20^.

unova, idrc it's going to be all over the place.

Cilan, Chili, Cress: between ~16-20.
    Lenora: 25^.
    Burgh: 20^.
    Elesa: between 23-28, do not know where to estimate for her.
    Clay: 35 or 40. He seems a lot older, but not old enough to be graying yet.
    Skyla: between 23-28.
    Brycen: 25^ but <40.
    Drayden: 50^ and Iris is probably around 13 or 16.
    Roxie: probably 16.
    Marlon: between 18-24, he gives me "young adult vibes:

ngl I couldn't care less about the Kalos gym leaders, they're so forgettable. but yolo

Viola: 20^.
    Grant: 20^.
    Korrina: between 16 but <25.
    Ramos: 70^ old man but who cares so forgettable LMFAO
    Clemont: 16-20.
    Valerie: 20^.
    Olympia: between 35-50.
    Wulfric (forgot about this man): 50^.

I'd honestly say all the trial captains are 16, except Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe. I think Sophocles is probably 12 or 13, and Kiawe is probably around 17 or 18. Lana is probably 13 or 14, in my opinion. Apparently, you have to retire from being a trial captain at the age of 20. So, none of these characters are adults (except maybe Kiawe).

I'd say the Galar gym leaders are pretty scattered, but I'll give some estimates.

Milo: 20-25.
    Nessa: idk if this is true, but I hear Nessa is 22. But the Bulbapedia article of her has since been edited.
    Kabu: around 40 or 50.
    Bea and Allister: they're pretty young, so maybe 16.
    Opal is already confirmed to be 88, so moving on.
    Melony is stated on Wikipeda to be 30^ (i'll say she's in her 50s), so I'm going to assume her son Gordie is 20^.
    Piers: 25^ I'd say he's definitely around 10 years older than Marnie, whom I speculate to be sixteen, so I guess I'll say he's 26.
    Raihan: he's literally a millennial or gen z, lbr, so between ~18-30. Probably around Leon's age, whom I also speculate to be about 26, ten years older than Hop. So maybe between the ages of 24-26.

Alright, lmfao, I'm done. Anyone is free to speculate however they wish.
    no i'm not going to make a thread about anyone else idc about the elite four and champions ages at all

Years
  • Tate and Liza -10-12 imo, they're short and are seem like they're supposed to be young kids to me. Aren't they shorter than Ash in the anime too? Or am I misremembering that?
    Candice - maybe 14-16?
    Clemont - 15ish
    Norman - 40 or so
    Roxanne - 17-18 is what I thought she was in RSE
    Bugsy - 13-15? He seems quite young to me too

Just some random ones that came up when reading your list! I'm not sure how many of these have confirmed ages within the games (I know some do in the manga and anime, but it's not really something that always translates across the entire franchise - like how Serena was made around 10-12 years old in the anime when her game counterpart is likely to be 14-16?).

Back