• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gymdawg is recruiting

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
Years
  • Gymdawg is recruiting (still need Programers!)

Okay, I'm trying to start a game-making group called 'Ghetto Monkey Games'.
    I've got the site and the forums, but I still need help!

Let's see:
    Sprite Artist - Makes graphics for games
    StoryBoard - Will write the story
    Plot - Will think of the plot for the story
    Programmer - Will write the code for the game (me, btu I could use help)
    Sound Artist - Will make the sounds for the game

Please help me (and if you join, us) get off the ground and start a game making group (possible business).

[if you think of any more jobs GMG might need, just tell me and I'll add them]

Last edited:
    Years
  • On your site, the sidebar lead to an incorrect link. You put www.gmg.vzz.net/www.gmg.vzz.net/games/comingsoon.htm
    and same for demos and new releases. just take away the second www.gmg.vzz.net
    I will join, but I would like to see some proof that you actually are a good programmer. Have you made any games before? Which game maker are you using? What type of games will the team be making? I suggest getting more than one other programmer to help you. Have you got msn messenger?

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • I have some experience with Rm2k(3), which is probably what I'll be using. I plan on learning C++ in High School during the next 4 years and I'll use that later.
    I have started many games but never finished one. Our first one will probably be an RPG, but I haven't really thought it out yet; I planned on leting the team as a whole descide on exactly what game to make. If you'll notice, I just asked for help, I never said I only wanted one. My brother has MSN, but I don't use it. I have AIM if that helps and I could probably setup an MSN name.

I still have some work to do on the site, you'll have to excuse any errors for now and jusy join the forums. I sure hope no one else asks as many questions as you @(x_x)@

Years
  • Hmm.. Ok, sounds reasonable. I am good with Rm2k3, If you get enough people to help then sign me up for it. I will join your forums later, I am a bit busy now. :)

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • Okay, I think I fixed the links. Let me know if they still don't work.

Oh yea, you never said what you wanted to help with...

Years
  • I am a programmer. That is what I would like to help with :)

There are still a few broken links..
    (staff, register, index, online store, contact gmg)
    Good luck :D

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • W00t, members! If y'all could all join the forums and advertise it would do us much good. I'll try and find a time we can all discuss our first game, what IM client do y'all use? I use AIM and have access to MSN.

Sprite Artists - Me, DM31
    StoryBoard - Pokedavid
    Plot -
    Programmers - Me, Krazy Meerkat
    Sound Artist -

Looks like we just need a sound artist.

Years
  • ill do plot.....or anything else you need. ive worked on many things, but never finished too :) ....id be glad to join though. i could be an aide for just about anything you need. So i guess my job could be "All around backup."

Last edited:

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • Okay, good, now we've got some music people.

I'll post a new list because I forgot to add a couple people from another forum.

Sprite Artists - Me, DM31, Vash, Starmonkey, Platypunk (My brother, he can do graphics but is more story/plot)
    StoryBoard - Pokedavid, PlatyPunk
    Plot - akwardsilencer
    Programmers - Me, Krazy Meerkat
    Sound Artist -
    Music Composer - DM31

Years
  • This is a time of when technology raced forward. Many thieves and villans began to steal machina and turn them into war machines. They also began to fuse man(well more than just man because theirs more species) with machine.

This bringing the world of Locke(or any other name of the world you want) in fear, the king of (insert city here) request's for mercenaries to come forth and help in the war to end this revolution. A few days ago you heard news of an attack by machine-fused people on the kingdom of (insert another kingdom).

You are boy learning to use his sword as you hear this news. You decide to go to the castle and hear the kings request. He gives all the mercenaries 2,000 gil(or what ever your money is) and a ring (the ring is called, Ring of (whatever the kingdom is called)---and it just gives a little plus to health or defense).

After he leaves his kingdom, he will first finds him self at the small village of (a village name). At this village is a girl who's dad has just went away to help fight in the war. She feels that she wants to help in the war too, so she joins you (she is a master of the healing arts). Later she finds out that her father has been killed by the main villan himself in a battle and is emotioned to fight until the villans are dead.

Together these two will venture through the world of Locke and meet many other people along the way. They will fight through the minions and make it to their boss for the final showdown and end the revolution.

and if you dont like that then ill make a new one, or we can use that, and ill make a new one for our next game.

now the story guy can write a story into that.

my aim is awkwardsilencer.

Years
  • my second plot is...

Final Fantasy: Black Past
    In this time an evil black mage known as Chaos has started creating monsters to fight for him in a war to take over the world, so that only black mages will reign. After destroying the Kingdom of _______, the king of the black mage's announces war on Chaos's armies and hopes to drive his evil plan out to show that he isnt a true black mage. This comes down to the epic battle of Rakinar, where many black mages were destroyed. The King Mage and Chaos had the final duel when they both used a master spell that destroyed them both. Only few black mage's were left in the world and were left to rebuild their society. On this legendary battlefield, it is said to be that their is still magic in the soil. The defeat ended Chaos's torment, but just began the terror of monsters over the world.

Around 1,000 years later, a band of villans have began striking villages claiming that Chaos is back. To many its a disbelief and others it is not. The black mages decide to investigate this and head out towards a mountain near the battlefield of Rakinar, and settle there.

You are a black mage that lives in the kingdom of ________. Your families village was attacked, so you set out to find out if they are ok. You get there to find out that they arent there. You set out to find your parents and find out what is happening, all while trying to stop Chaos.

A village after yours, you meet a boy named Terra who wants to venture with you for the plain adventure and become a hero. He is a swordsman and is trying to master his blade. The two of you team up, meeting other adventurer's along the way. You all have different reasons, but one main goal that binds you all. Which is to stop this Black Past from coming back.

*and im just wondering, if we are making a final fantasy game for this first project, or if we are gonna make just any new one we think of?

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • I'm not Jewish but...'Ghetto Monkey Games?!?' And you have that as the name of a game making group?!? Gymdawg, you have to think before you do things.

Last edited:

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • Ghetto is bad? Crap, I thought ghetto was like (not to seem racist) the black people who wear their pants at their knees and have huge bling and such.

*goes to look up ghetto*

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • Okay, I got it.

(1) A section of a city occupied by a minority group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure.

(2) An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages.

(3) Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto: ?trapped in ethnic or pink-collar managerial job ghettoes? (Diane Weathers).

(4) n : a residential district of a city in which Jews are required to live.

Yep, we're changing names...I'm not jewish, but I'm not racist either XD.
    Any suggestions? I've enjoying using 'Dogwood in many games; it's my state tree, it sounds good, and it has 'dog' in it XP. So maybe 'Dogwood Games' or 'Dogwood Studios'.

Back