• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gyms Vs Trials

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I liked trials, but mainly for the reason that it's a formula breaking away from the tire of gyms.

The concept was really neat, but it was executed weirdly. My main problem is with the puzzles before the trial itself--those were just bad. Those were just too easy and required little to no effort, and thus had a really bad build-up effect leading to the Totem. I would love for a revamped version of gym puzzles to be combined with these and for them to add more story overall to the Totem's themselves.

The battles definitely need to be revamped. I liked what they were doing with the strategies on trials like the Wishiwashi+Alolamola and Lurantis+Castform--those were actually rather challenging--but I wish those were used for all of the trials.

The Dragon Trial is a good example of this. I was able to literally one-shot my way through it using my Primarina and they never got a hit on me. That was just ridiculous. What they need to do is add a unique strategy that exploits the strengths and weaknesses of the Totem in turn. More weather strategies/abilities and a crazy supporting Pokemon would be great. Maybe they can do something with the new terrain moves/abilities.

They have a ton of potential, I'll give them that. But they have to be seriously reworked, and if not, scrapped entirely.

Back