• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hack of the Year 2007 || Your nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2008
    Hack name: Pokemon: Rocket's Revenge
    Reason for nomination: Although there isn't even a demo yet, this hack does what no-one ever thought of-you are in Team Rocket. This means that many things will be changed from the original game, so many that even a demo is very tough to make.

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: It's a brilliant hack and Zel made his own scripts and even added Kanto so it includes both johto and kanto but with all pokemon. Also he added new rivals and made all the characters himself and they look like the ones in the original!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Name: Pokémon Shiny Gold
    Reason: The best GBC remake i have ever seen, it has all i look in a hack: excelent scripts, great tiles & palettes, and he has put all his effort in it.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Sorry, just a question, are you able to change your nomination? ^^; Just curious, sicne you know someone will ask it XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You could just edit your nomination post, the nominations will be counted at September 25th when the nomination round is over.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Hack name: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Reason for nomination: Gold has always been one of my favorite Pokemon Games, And Shiny Gold proves that! Zel has also put so much time into this hack that its Insane! Zel has even inspried me to hack! I vote for Shiny Gold.

Good Luck Zel, Cant wait till you finish it!
    *Wondering what Zel will do next XD*

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Hack Name: Plasma Red

Reason For Nomination:Um yea I decided to change my nomination to Blazichus Plasma Red, gold version hack. Ive played alot of the hacks up here and might I say that they are all impressive with the new graphics and all but Plasma takes us back to the good old days of my hard earned pokemon that were lost in time and adds spice as well as some newer mons. For a gold hack its one of the best. Sure the graphics have improved since then but thats not all that makes a great hack/fangame it needs structure and a story. This has everything needed and where as Zels hack was also good he has enough and my vote shall be with Blazichu on this one.

Good luck buddy ;)

Last edited:

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
  • Hack Name ~ Pokemon Shiny Gold

Reason for nomination ~ He did what i wanted nintendo to do remade my favorite pokemon game. It was so cool i love the idea and how it worked out. the scripts and extra recurring characters were cool. and i started hacking for my first time 5 days ago shortly after playing this game.

Lash

Years
  • Hack Name; Pokemon Blue Sea Edition by *Neos*

Reason; Ever since before it had a Beta, I wanted to play it badly. All the Graphics look really well, and the Gym Leader Lineup choice. The Pokecenter tileset was really well, and the fact that with the return to the past, Old Graphics with a New Graphiced sprite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Shiny Gold will be in the top 9 when it gets 30 nimnations votes so that other hacks could be nominated, not just Sihny Gold like now and only a few votes for other hacks.

And we need 9 hacks not just 1 or 3, so try not to nominate hacks that a lot of people nominate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    Hack Name: Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Reason: I am a fan of the series and I love how the hacker changed the climates and made new additions. It is really nice seeing the things that have changed and the updating timeline. This hack is very nice and I would love to see another sequel to these series. Possibly a hack of Diamond.

P.S. While Shiny Gold is my favorite hack and all, it isn't the best one on this site. Everyone hypes it too much. It should have a decent amount of nominations, not 10 or 9. Play some of the games here first, there are some really nice hacks. Seriously. And please refrain from writing dumb nominations like jamez the pokemon masta!'s and "I luvz dat Shiny g0ldz v3rz10nz cuz itz c00lz and g0ld iz my f4v0rit3 g4m3 1n th3 s3r13z.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokémon Prism.
    Reason: Because of nice maps, cool new textboxes, side-scrolling (yay!) and tons of new functions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Hack name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason for nomination: Just the best GSC remake. With D/P tiles and the fantastic new add (J&J for example), it make this game cool. And it go pretty far, and I think it'll be the first finished GSC hack.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokémon: RijonAdventures

Reason: I've played my fair share of hacks, but this really looks like one of the best I've seen in years. No offense to SG fans.

Can we please get some more nominations for other popular hacks? Shiny Gold's great and all, but there's more to hacks than one a tiny bit "overrated" game.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Cry of celibi (Skeetendo, Inc.)
    Reason for nomination: Wel just because G,S,C where the best games in my eyes.. and the way Skeetendo works with it , wonderfull :D
    Full of patience and all,this hack got my support since the very start ..
    The game has a different few of the G,S,C series + a new region has been added , and things like pokemobile and hunnytrees hahah wonderfull ..
    This hack is in one word GREAT!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Hack name: Pokémon rijonAdventures
    Reason for Nomination: This is seriously looking like a quality hack. Believe me, I've seen many, and the calibre that's been presented on this one definitely looks promising.

Years
  • Hack name:Pokemon:Shiny Gold
    Reason for nomination:One of the few hacks that seem to have the little piece that is missing for fully completion:Patience.Zel had patience,and even if a virus invaded his computer,he,being very patient,continued this beautiful hack.Shiny Gold has a lot of cool ideas,new feature,excellent mapping,and a great author.This really deserves the Hack of the Year 2007 prize,and I don't say that other hacks aren't good,but this really caught my interest.

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Hack Name:Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Reason: Extremely excellent mapping,awesome story,great grafics,and im having a fun time playing it

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: 'Cause Zel made a wonderful remake of Gold, with excellent graphics and lots of wonderful things, like rivals and you can catch POKéMON from every generation!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • After spending 15 minutes writing a speech, Internet Explorer crashed on me. My moving and intelligent post flushed into oblivion.
    people that were good at it published hacks - they were quality.

On the other hand, thanks to the likes of Christos and Zel, quality scripting is making an appearance, and a lot of hacks have custom tiles. There are good hacks in there, just you have to go through a lot of not-so-good hacks to find them.

Snrub

EDIT: ZOMG I forgot Blue Sea completely! Still, I hold my vote for ShinyGold. With a little more progress I'm sure Blue Sea will get a few votes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back