• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hack of the Year 2007 || Your nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Despite CoolBoyMan 's advice to play ALL the hacks available (I don't have enough freetime, nor patience, cause playing only pokemons hacks with little changes...)

For me, the "tiles" doesn't count much, I already like alot those available ingame made by Nintendo.

Furthermore, playing a hack in alpha 0.5 1/2 doesn't appeal alot, I prefer playing a hack with a good lifetime (enough long to play I mean, sorry I'm French) ...

That's why I preferred Zel's Pokemon Shiny Gold... I knew it was popular and long enough (as I don't play 10h/day) for me...

I know this may be biaised , but except Rijon Adventures I didn't play others hacks (except alreay hall-of-famed ones) ....

So as I know Zel is currently working on it....

My vote goes to him:

Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold by Zel
    Reasons: All the above.

Years
  • Pokemon Rocket Revenge

Pokemon Rocket Revenge

It's the best hack, because it have many innovations, at least you are bad :D

And it's no badges...

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
  • hmmm this is a really hard one crystal shards or shiny gold

hack name:crystal shards
    reason because i love how much effort has gone into it
    and how hes using emerald and put fr tiles in
    and also because i gsc remakes

p.s i would vote for both if i could but i cant lol xD
    it will still be close

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • Hack Name :
    Hack of the Year 2007 || Your nominations

Reason for nomination : I nominate this hack because "Blazichu" has change the game nearly all, with a new story and with new a adventure with fulls of new surprises, and to make more interesting he have made fakemons and some new trainer (i am also impress here with your sprites "Blazichu") which is very impressive :) and i liked the features which he is coming up with, thumbs up "Blazichu" :) and wish you all the best :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    Pokemon Rocket Revenge
    because you can do something some people have wanted to do
    play as a rocket member

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
  • Nomination

At the risk of sounding generic, I would definately say Shiny Gold by Zel. I've found this hack to be one of the most memorable and influential hacks of our time and I'm proud to say that I was there to download the first beta...good times...

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
    Years
  • Hack Name: Shiny Gold
    Reason: Zel has done many things for this remake hack. He has invented new events, characters, and new locations. He's got a lot of things the english pokemon gold didn't include. Like Celebi. He also made Diamod ad Pearl sprites to make it even more exciting. Zel deserves this award.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    Hack Name:*RijonAdventures*
    Reason:It has a good storyline which is very original and also because the beta version released was just stunning...the maps were excellent...although there were some bugs...it was only a beta so it doesnt really matter

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Name:Pokemon SHiny Gold
    Reason:It's a good story line,game,Zel put almost about a year into the Hack. And It's just like How gold used to be

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Pokemon Blue Sea
    Because it is the best rom hack i have played.it has a great storyline and it makes me wanna keep playing it agian and agian(too bad its in spanish until the next beta)XD

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Reason: I've played many different hacks, but Shiny Gold is the best one I've ever played. With excellent scripting and mapping by Zel, this hack deserves praise.

P.S.: No, I'm not some fanboy of SG, I truly believe this is the best hack of them all.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon: Rocket's Revenge
    Reason for nomination: The hack allows you to play as a member of Team Rocket and it contains Pokemon from the fourth generation.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • I nominate Zel's Shiny Gold

Hack name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    reason for nominating: I think its one of the greatest hacks out there.You can catch 3rd generation pokemon in it and with the fourth beta coming out it will be near completetion(and i dont see many near completion hacks), also, Zel has made the maps look incredibly like golds but with fire red grafics. Im a very big fan of shiny gold,but thats not why im nominating it.im nominating Shiny Gold by Zel because it is truly,in my opinion an awesome game!

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi

Reason: I like the way it's coming along. Skeetendo has puled off lots of stops, putting in the place that was in the Jappense Crystal, Putting Honey tress in, I like the new region, and the Somewhat differnt Johto (Go to area's in a differnt order) I belvie these should be enough reasons for Pokémon Sterling Sliver: Cry of Celebi

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
    Reason: this the only gold remake that has the greatest chance of finishing, plus all the great easter eggs made me realize what pokemon was all about.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
    Reason: Zel has put so much effort and time into this hack being finished and is the only hack out there that looks like it will finish. He has created the gsc generation in 3rd generation graphics with a few add ons for fans of gold like myself. The gameplay is near to the same as gold itself therefor the gameplay of this hack is excellent.

Years
  • Hack name : Pokemon ShinyGold
    Reason : Like everyone else said shinygold gave us what nintendo didnt.Everyone wanted to play a remake of Gold and here it is now.Also the feel of the hack is different i.e. the scripts have been completely changed.It doesnt feel like a hack,it feels rather like an official nintendo game

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
  • Hack name : Pokemon: Rocket's Revenge
    Reason : Rocket's Revenge is Pokemon from a totally different perspective. No longer are you X trainer working for X professor to fill your Pokedex for X research and beat all X number of gyms. It is something totally new. You now play as a member of the infamous Team Rocket. No gyms, PokeCenters refuse to help you, and you are attacked on sight!

An all new take on Pokemon. Serious props to the team for bringing us refreashingly new original content.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    I also nominate Shiny gold!

Why I chose shiny gold: Shiny Gold has done several things for me. It has given me a long awaited gold Remake. it has also delievered in One game What nintendo can do In two or three. Shinygold also Has a lot of time and effort put into it. I am very impressed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back