• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Thanks for your help Hiroshi, I appreciate it. :)

Now unfortunately, I have one more problem that I hope you or anyone else who might know about this advance map stuff can help me out with. I transferred the edited file from my PC to my tablet. But the problem is, my save file won't work with my edited game, it just starts all over again. Now I have my regular file where I can't get past the officer and an edited file where he should be gone...but requires me to do the entire game over again. I need to know how to fuse my save file with my edited game file to play now.

Make sure both the Game.gba and Game.sav have the same name
For example if your game is named Pokemon Light Platinum.gba
Then the .sav should be named Pokemon Light Platinum.sav

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Hello. It is really amazing that this thread is still alive and giving support, it's really cool from you. I have played the hackrom for some time and I think is incredible. I made an account in this forum because of it. I have played most pokemon games, from 1st gen up to 4th (which is not much considering the latest was tthe 6th gen), and feel this hackrom is very very good. I only play them on emulator (which is why I don't play 3rd gen up since all NDS emulators aren't that good as VBA).
Well, having said that, im trying to get a froslass but its not working using a moon stone. I have snakebytes final version patched on ruby rom. How is it that I evolve snorunt?
Thanks

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
oYyyrSq.png

Found this glitch by accident.

EDIT: To summarize, there's a piece of coral when underwater that you can use dive to get up and appear on a rock, you are actually in walk mode on the rock and can literally walk out of the rock and walk on water. Luckily you can walk to the dark water and dive back down to escape the glitch as you cannot leave the water and go on the sand. Still pretty funny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Make sure both the Game.gba and Game.sav have the same name
For example if your game is named Pokemon Light Platinum.gba
Then the .sav should be named Pokemon Light Platinum.sav
Thank you, that worked!

Unfortunately, I've discovered that although I've moved the officer sprite multiple times on the advance map and saved and transferred, he is still there in the game and will not move no matter what. The most I've managed to get him to do is say something different besides "you can't enter." I have no clue how to move him. I thought it would just be as simple as moving his sprite on the map and saving it, but apparently it's not. :/

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thank you, that worked!

Unfortunately, I've discovered that although I've moved the officer sprite multiple times on the advance map and saved and transferred, he is still there in the game and will not move no matter what. The most I've managed to get him to do is say something different besides "you can't enter." I have no clue how to move him. I thought it would just be as simple as moving his sprite on the map and saving it, but apparently it's not. :/

Have you re-entered the map?
Enter house, return and he will move.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
Hi! I've been trying to figure out something, but can't seem to find any answers. On the website that the download link directs you to, there are links to two versions, with one denoted by "+". I saw in one post by someone that it's some sort of easy version, but haven't had it confirmed anywhere else, no matter how many ways I Google Pokemon Light Platinum Plus. Could someone tell me what the difference is, exactly? Thanks!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi! I've been trying to figure out something, but can't seem to find any answers. On the website that the download link directs you to, there are links to two versions, with one denoted by "+". I saw in one post by someone that it's some sort of easy version, but haven't had it confirmed anywhere else, no matter how many ways I Google Pokemon Light Platinum Plus. Could someone tell me what the difference is, exactly? Thanks!
There's a post with all changes in this thread, check previous posts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
But there's over 300 posts to search though. I'd really appreciate it if someone could just summarize the key difference(s). I'm not looking for technical specs or anything. :)

Nevermind, I happened upon such a post as suggested while trying to find the answer to something else. :p

But with that in mind, I have a whole new question, though not one nearly as important. There's a guy in Guardian Tower that talks about getting Pokerus there. Do pokemon caught there have it or something? I'm gonna catch a couple to see, but I'm doubtful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
Ok, run into a MUCH WORSE problem that, as far as I can tell, no one else has. I'm at mount Draken now, and keep initating the even at the temple where Zero is supposed to catch Arceus. Except that as soon as he walks over to Arceus, the game just STOPS. I can't move, I can't access the menu, I can't do anything. And there is no scene of Zero catching Arceus. I've looked it up as much as I can, and it seems that no one has encountered this glitch before. I have no clue what to do here. Help?

sQuEwaWaweE

old newcomer
Years
*walks in*

Spoiler:

*runs away*

Mr LCCoolJ95, may I know what tool you've used to determine the locations of each pokemon in the map? And based on what I've seen in the map on every pokecenter, the Route(s) were in 3 digits, for example, Route 401. Im currently playing the Final version by Snakebyte. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Hello all,

I came on this forum because I have a question.
I've ended the 2 leagues (Zhery and Lauren) and the WCS.
Now, I'm fighting the super trainers to catch the legendary pokémons.
I read that a trainer, Peter is in Mont Draken.
The problem is that I can't enter in. Indeed, a person prevents me to enter by saying "Sorry, but no ordinary people are allowed to enter here"
I did some researches on internet (that's how I've found this forum) but I don't find the solution.

If one of you could help me to solve this problem, it would be great !

Thanks, have a nice day.

Cordially,

Le-Masque.

EDIT : It seems that there is an event bug.
Indeed, I guess that I can't enter in Mont Draken because the game thinks that I didn't beat the Team Steam in their HQ ; they are still ahead. (And I can"t find them again because I don't have the team steam suit anymore, I have now a stupid skarmory suit …)
I have some others event bugs like the last team steam leader at Mont Oren that I can fight again and again because he always come back (as if I never fought him), same for the 3 rivals we have to fight straight just before the Lauren league.

So, because of this bug, I can't have Mewtwo, Mew, the 3 legendary birds from first generation and Lugia (and maybe some others…)
If I had the team steam suit, it would not have problem because I could just confront the Team steam again in his HQ (so I could catch Mewtwo so Mew and the Mont Draken would be opened, I could fight the top trainer so I could catch the 3 birds and Lugia thanks to the air-pass …)

Ps : I'm playing on Iphone thanks to the application GBA4IOS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey, so I'm a noob at this and I have a question about using Light Platinum on the EZ Flash IV. Whenever I try to get a Pokemon from an NPC or find one, the game freezes and flashes colors of blue. And the screen seems somewhat off, since whenever I turn directions, it moves. Any suggestions for a new rom or something? Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I should also mention that in the beginning, I can't see Giratina on the EZ Flash IV, nor do I see the full body of Salamence when I fly to Central City in the beginning.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys I was wondering if I pick charmander as a starter will I be able to find squirtle or bulbasaur later in the game?

Years
light platinum plus is amazing. it literally feels like playing a gen IV game at GBA. tiles taken from D/P/P and physical-special split... very nice work

Back