• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Kumquat Gym is officially complete. You can now secure all 4 badges in the dev build! Now to finish the actual city and move onwards to Rind Island...

4fJL9pb.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    This is sick. If you finish, tis'll prob end up being one of those 10/10 S-tier roms.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • This is sick. If you finish, tis'll prob end up being one of those 10/10 S-tier roms.

Thank you, my main motivation for completing this is because I know a lot of people have faith in the project and what it stands for.

You will put Kanto forms in the future

They are already in, just not fully implemented. Currently addressing bugs for full form split. Expect Galar forms possibly for beta 3 as well.

Updates:
    Route 66 is fully scripted, all maps for Kumquat are now in, only have 2 houses to script now before moving on to R67.
    Toying with the possibility of removing some Pokemon to make room for some entries from Gen 8, namely:
    Latios
    Latias
    Chinchou
    Lanturn
    Cutiefly
    Ribombee

New Pokemon would include:
    Mr Rime
    Sirfetchd
    Purrserker
    Cursola
    Arrokuda
    Barraskewda

Let me know what you all think! Of course while we'd be losing 2 fairies keep in mind we would eventually add Galarian Ponyta to the game.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • I am waiting for the full release, but it would suck if I couldn't get hold on Latias since that is one of my faves pokemon.

They were initially added because I had planned to include Alto Mare from the 5th movie, which has been scrapped. They currently have no place in the game. As it is, along with Galar forms there are already a sizeable amount of legendaries to collect, and sadly I have no intentions of breaking the 253 pokemon limit this late in development.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Much progress...1-25-21
    -Kumquat Complete
    -Route 67 Complete
    -Route 67 has an Underwater Map
    -All 3 starters can be obtained in one playthrough now
    -Rind Island Complete
    -Magikarp Salesman will sell you a Shiny Magikarp with a special move for $200,000...
    -Route 68 complete
    -Prof Quackenpoker will give you the Super Rod
    Next up is Unnamed island 3 with a Shiny Politoed event and Route 69/Victory Road.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    This hack is gonna be freaking awesome. And I am very very stoked for it. I try to wait to play hacks until they're complete, so I won't be playing it until then, but you got me real excited. Especially with your consistent updates. It's cool to see how the game is progressing.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • The final Tracey battle is scripted, it comes with a special Pokemon Colosseum OST...

Still working on Victory Road, getting rosters from my contributors on Discord as they represent the trainers you'll encounter there :)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Victory Road is complete :)

After Victory Road is a small water strip connecting to Pummelo Island, getting pretty close to the credits screen!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • IX9q7Oc.png

There's still a fair amount of work to do, I have a checklist for release:
    -Script Entire OI, including postgame Tarroco, Hamlin, and Shamouti
    -Add Headbutt Encounters to the ENTIRE game
    -Fix form split
    -Fix egg graphics
    -Rematch Gym Leaders
    -Kinnow Showboat

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Hi PiaCRT I am loving your rom hack so far and hoping the next release but I was wondering if you could unlock the cheats for your hack?

Hello, due to data constantly shifting it is impossible to make cheats that would stay working. However, Walk Through Walls has consistently worked since the beginning and I'm sure there are a few others.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • I have a Strawpoll up, if you'd like to determine the next gift pokemon's moveset please vote! I may do more of these if it's popular :)
    http://www.strawpoll.me/42558443

As far as progress, the champion battle and credits are done. All houses in Pummelo have a map but are missing NPCs and the gate to Route 70 is functional and fully scripted. The postgame is even wackier than the main game with Pirates, Famous People on Vacation, and of course, Nastinas. Looking forward to a beta release soon!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'm basically only a lurker here on this site— but I felt compelled to drop in and tell you how excited I am to play the beta. Looks absolutely incredible!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Strawpoll results show that you guys really want Extremespeed Dratini! Do not worry, Hydro Pump voters. Dragonite now learns it at level 60 :)

The Golden island event has been reworked so the Elder now takes a Meowth and grants access to the battle house there. This event is required to start a certain postgame event (not necessary for completion), so nuzlockers beware. The battle house now gives a Cat Statue, worth a whopping 32,000 Pokedollars! After the Pummelo houses are scripted I will be adding the Kinnow Showboat and moving onwards to post game events.

I'm basically only a lurker here on this site— but I felt compelled to drop in and tell you how excited I am to play the beta. Looks absolutely incredible!

It is an honor to get your first post after being on PC for nearly 7 years!

Back