• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked pokemon.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
Years
  • If i had the money i would go out and go to a gamestop buy all the Ar's and then destroy them.
    Enjoy defying logic, as they make money and you buy more of them. Might as well increase AR creations.
    I was going to trade at the GTS, and I saw a Celebi at level 10, he wanted to trade it for an Arceus.
    Well, I wanted to trade it since Celebi is much rarer, but I asked which region it was from first.
    What did he answer? The USA...
    And that made it clear to me this is a hacked Celebi, since the only level 10 and lower Celebi was from Japan......
    Although the number of people doing this are probably few, there is a way you can get Japanese events on a American/European game. I won't really say it because it's one of the prime things collectors and traders are here, but it's an easy way and doesn't even count as cheating, unless of course taking a save file is very evil and forbidden etc etc etc.
    I have cheated for a long time, and it has never screwed up any of my games. I think it is o.k to have hacked Pokemon, as it doesn't bother me. I have even hacked so much to point that people would think that the game is ruined, but it wasn't.
    Unless you hack like a retard nothing should ever happen.

@Yellow
    It is fair, many people do that. Some doesn't have the time, some it's too complicated, etc etc etc. I believe people who ban hacked Pokemon are somewhat illogical, because technically there is no difference between a Scizor someone trained to my own Scizor which I used Pokesav to have.

And the whole RPG point being time wasters makes my point valid.

I myself do it because I don't have the time. ALL my Pokemon were obtained legitimately other than a select few which I have used codes to get to their island and catch them normally. Some I got by trade etc.

NikoBelic999

Friendly Hometown Mugger....XD
    Years
  • Enjoy defying logic, as they make money and you buy more of them. Might as well increase AR creations.

Although the number of people doing this are probably few, there is a way you can get Japanese events on a American/European game. I won't really say it because it's one of the prime things collectors and traders are here, but it's an easy way and doesn't even count as cheating, unless of course taking a save file is very evil and forbidden etc etc etc.

Unless you hack like a retard nothing should ever happen.

@Yellow
    It is fair, many people do that. Some doesn't have the time, some it's too complicated, etc etc etc. I believe people who ban hacked Pokemon are somewhat illogical, because technically there is no difference between a Scizor someone trained to my own Scizor which I used Pokesav to have.

And the whole RPG point being time wasters makes my point valid.

I myself do it because I don't have the time. ALL my Pokemon were obtained legitimately other than a select few which I have used codes to get to their island and catch them normally. Some I got by trade etc.
    Yeah, I didn't hack for just Pokemon, things like healing items for the gym leaders and E4, I hacked every now and then, not just wildly like these other people do.

If i had the money i would go out and go to a gamestop buy all the Ar's and then destroy them.

Do you have a brain problem? Or, do you naturally act stupid? (bad trolling XP) If you buy them all, the profit would go to Datel, in which they would make more thinking people will buy them more. Then you would need Billions of Dollars.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Say you had no friendswho had GBA pokemon games, no GBA pokemon games, and no WiFi.
    It will be impossible to get a tropius then.
    In situations like this, it is definitely OK to hack, as long as you get it as legitly as possible. :D

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Well hacking is fine, even in competitive play. Not if you give it impossible moves, but I mean things like cloning and Rare Candy cheats...
    Rare Candies are useless as they don't let your pokemon EVs, which makes you conclude that it's really more unfair for the hacker than the one he's against. I see no problem with haking totally normal pokemon.
    Actually, I believe as long as you put a NORMAL hacked pokemon in a Cherish Ball so people can be aware it's been hacked and check it, you're fine. But I don't like it when they practically give their Pokemon superpowers...

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • I find it to be unethical because people such as myself go through hard work to train Pokemon, while others can do it with a couple clicks or an AR. It's unfair and completely ruins the experience, IMO.

~Prof. W.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I see it as completely fair for adhoc tournaments or for testing a new team; most people simply have no time to train a team of six Pokémon to Lv. 100 just to see whether a strategy works or not or to compete in a small gathering that will leave you with a few Pokémon that you're never going to use again anyways. For stuff like that, I see nothing unethical there. For example, take the widely used Shoddy Battle. That's purely for competitive battling with disposable teams of Pokémon that can be easily switched in or out. Using Pokésav and an AR for team building only is perfectly acceptable IMO.

For giving yourself an unfair advantage in gameplay, however, there is a serious problem. Pokémon at its essence is a game where you have to work to get through it, and hacking in a team of six Ubers with 999 stats in everything that you're gonna use for the entire game or completing your Pokédex with one button stroke, that's unethical.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • HEY!!!!

I find it to be unethical because people such as myself go through hard work to train Pokemon, while others can do it with a couple clicks or an AR. It's unfair and completely ruins the experience, IMO.

~Prof. W.
    ^Really?^

Buy an AR or something. Because it's totally fair for someone to spend their REAL money for some help in a game. If you're cheap, fine. Level them up legally. It's not like I make lvl.100 Giratinas with Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, and Judgement, is it? And I often don't even get the pokemon at level 100, either- I do a lot of training legally and don't hack stats and levels of Pokemon I keep for myself. So, really, don't be prejusticed! :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't know what it would do. I never used a hacking devise to get Pokemon, only to clone.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    While I've never hacked myself, not even to clone, I find it perfectly OK to have max IV's providing you stick to legit movesets and don't go above 510 EV's. Shiny hacking is OK too in my eyes, again don't go above 510 EV's and keep movesets legit.

What's not cool is having your Typhlosion use Hydro Cannon on a Golem with 999 Special Attack, to name an example.

Years
  • The only Pokemon "hacks" I use currently are 2-4x experience gain, purely because I've beaten Platinum twice before and I want to get through the storyline faster so I can start breeding/shiny hunting/etc. I'll probably use the same cheat when I decide to replay HG/SS.

I don't have an issue really with hacked Pokemon. (Ones with normal stats/moves/etc. Just acquired where/when they shouldn't be.) I would gladly take a hacked Jirachi, once I beat the story I might see if my CycloDS has a cheat for that. But overall I prefer not to have hacked Pokemon purely because I can't trade them, as most people have an issue with it and I understand that.

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    On my other pearl game (not the one i trade with) What i do is hack pokemon get what ever i want then i go to the breeding place and put it with my ditto then get 2 eggs and after they hatch i let the hacked pokemon go. So really i only use them to fight and i never trade anyone a hacked pokemon.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    They're not legit and basically cheating. Kanye only works with the most legit Pokemon there is.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • Just a small question, If I got a hacked pokemon over the GTS, would it do any damage if I released it right away?

Anyway, I don't like to use hacks or cheat. There was one time my friend asked me to battle him, because he had a 'suprise'. Turns out he hacked a Wondertomb and swept my hole team. Another time I was using the GTS and I got a Scizor. OT: Aaron. Met at the Pokemon League. Caught in a Master Ball. Yeah, I'm done with hacking.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I have had no problems with hacked pokemon at all. But I do know some people don't like them and I wanna know why.

Like what is the most problems you have had with a hacked pokemon,
    What had it done to your game?

Hacked Pokemon just don't seem good, especially if you know the Pokemon you have is hacked, it just ruins the gameplay.

Also, I think they can probably ruin your game to as I saw a hacked Latios in the GTS when I was actually searching for Palkia. o_o

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Just a small question, If I got a hacked pokemon over the GTS, would it do any damage if I released it right away?

Anyway, I don't like to use hacks or cheat. There was one time my friend asked me to battle him, because he had a 'suprise'. Turns out he hacked a Wondertomb and swept my hole team. Another time I was using the GTS and I got a Scizor. OT: Aaron. Met at the Pokemon League. Caught in a Master Ball. Yeah, I'm done with hacking.

Fire Fang. Fire Fang cannot be affected by Wondertomb. As far as I know.

I hack to get the EV's and moves I want. They're all possible, though and I try to make it seem legit. Yes, I caught a shiny Cresselia and then hacked it to give it EVs. The IVs, I did not touch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    yeah, it ruins the whole point of the game. Also, no one will trade anything besides hacks are trash for them and theyre not tournament legal :/ There are acceptable hacks that make training easier and form tms/berries and fast hatching, but manipulating the pokemon itself other than RNGing (because that takes time and skill) just takes the fun out of it

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I just got an AR and all I use is to get the items I need, checking EVs and IVs, and cloning to trade and pretty much about it.

Back