• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hacked Pokemon

Are Hacked Pokemon Okay?

• Yes

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 46 47.4%

• Total voters

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If it's been encounter-hacked, or PokeSAV'd or whatever, it's hacked and should be sent back to hell where it came from. When it comes to code-unlocking the events for Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, or other event legendaries, I'm fine with that since it's the exact same Pokemon, only without the plane tickets or the dealings with the n00b children.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Lol

If it's been encounter-hacked, or PokeSAV'd or whatever, it's hacked and should be sent back to hell where it came from. When it comes to code-unlocking the events for Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, or other event legendaries, I'm fine with that since it's the exact same Pokemon, only without the plane tickets or the dealings with the n00b children.

Lol, I like how under your name you have "pokemon perfectionist". Maybe I should have put that too lol...But maybe ill agree with you. The only problem, is that I heard that Darkrai will know different attacks if at a nintendo event..

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    Go ahead and use Wi-Fi. Getting a hacked Pokémon is inevitable, but there is no reason to actually have to use it if you don't want. When trading with an actual person, always try to make sure you know what you're getting. When trading via the GTS, don't trade anything you aren't willing to sacrifice, in the off-chance that it is hacked. And most good things on the GTS are.

With regards to the legitimacy of hacked Event Item Pokémon, the Pokémon itself is legit. It is the real Pokémon that comes from the actual gaming data, and therefore, there is nothing wrong with the Pokémon itself.

The illegitimacy comes from the fact that some people who trade for Event Pokémon will only accept one retrieved with that Event in mind, as it is considered "the real deal". When trading such rare Pokémon, value isn't necessarily determined by the Pokémon itself, but rather the difficulty in getting it. A hacked item is something mostly anyone can do, but one that is recognized as "the real deal" will usually be worth much more.

And as for Darkrai, the one you get with the Event Item and the Movie one everyone is raving about should be considered different, as the Movie Darkrai is one given as an Event, while the one you get with the Event Item is the normal Darkrai you would have to catch.

(Er, boy that's a lot of words. Sorry about that lol.)

m

Years
    Go ahead and use Wi-Fi. Getting a hacked Pokémon is inevitable, but there is no reason to actually have to use it if you don't want. When trading with an actual person, always try to make sure you know what you're getting. When trading via the GTS, don't trade anything you aren't willing to sacrifice, in the off-chance that it is hacked. And most good things on the GTS are.

With regards to the legitimacy of hacked Event Item Pokémon, the Pokémon itself is legit. It is the real Pokémon that comes from the actual gaming data, and therefore, there is nothing wrong with the Pokémon itself.

The illegitimacy comes from the fact that some people who trade for Event Pokémon will only accept one retrieved with that Event in mind, as it is considered "the real deal". When trading such rare Pokémon, value isn't necessarily determined by the Pokémon itself, but rather the difficulty in getting it. A hacked item is something mostly anyone can do, but one that is recognized as "the real deal" will usually be worth much more.

And as for Darkrai, the one you get with the Event Item and the Movie one everyone is raving about should be considered different, as the Movie Darkrai is one given as an Event, while the one you get with the Event Item is the normal Darkrai you would have to catch.

(Er, boy that's a lot of words. Sorry about that lol.)

Thats just fine, thank you. Friends? Ill probably use my friends AR now that I know that the pokemon ARE LEGIT, and not just fake garbage. Thanks everyone!

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    wait a minute, if you plan on trading those around here, most people still consider even an item-hacked pokemon still a hack

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    Yea, just make sure that anything you get with the help of AR stays in your hands. Try to trade that off here, and you're just asking for trouble. XD

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    I personally dont Reccomend the use of AR at all.Though i can feel for people that cant get to events but atleast let the event happen first sheesh.but most people just dont want hacked pokemon and people lie about there pokemon being hacked and thats what really pisses me off.Keep it to yourself or be Truthfull.

m

Years
    I personally dont Reccomend the use of AR at all.Though i can feel for people that cant get to events but atleast let the event happen first sheesh.but most people just dont want hacked pokemon and people lie about there pokemon being hacked and thats what really pisses me off.Keep it to yourself or be Truthfull.

Trust me, Ill keep it to myself. And, im an honest player, I dont lie in battle or trade.

Trainer Gabriel

ガブリエル
    Years

Well said. That'd be the only reason i'd use hacks.

Hell, even if i use encounter hacks for some pokemon on my Emerald cart to migrate to diamond, i'd only use it for the starters and old legendaries (considering there hasn't been a Nintendo Pokemon Event since the first Mew one here in Australia)

And i'd still insist on training it myself, as "haXing" the crap out of it, HP, Stats whatever, is a complete cop out.

Thats my stance on it anyways.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Yes. I train all my battle Pokemon myself, and if I ever decide to raise a team of legends for whatever reason, I'll train them myself as well.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Hacked pokemon are just disgusting. Absolutely revolting.

*gags*

Seriously, I'm getting so sick of people saying that I have hacked pokemon. *sighs*

Cabose

Awesome Trainer!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Hacked pokemon are just disgusting. Absolutely revolting.

*gags*

Seriously, I'm getting so sick of people saying that I have hacked pokemon. *sighs*

Hey xscytherx,, you have hacked pokemon, lol I'm just kidding!

Well my opinion on hacked pokemon, is they are fine, but only in one type of scenario, Now I was trading some guy for a jirachi, and he scammed me, it was a one for two trade, although I got something decent back, but I didn't get my Jirachi, anyway, this guy on gamefaqs; Hells__Knight, hacked the pokemon back (That I lost), it was exactly the same in every way, and he gave me a cloned legit jirachi too! So It was awesome.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    T_T LOL when I read that I got a rush of rage flow through my body, until I read the the just kidding part.

I hate Pokesavs. They're totally cheap, and make the fun of building a team gone.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Cabose

Awesome Trainer!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    T_T LOL when I read that I got a rush of rage flow through my body, until I read the the just kidding part.

I hate Pokesavs. They're totally cheap, and make the fun of building a team gone.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Yes, that is 100% correct, Team building is awesome (I am surprised there are others who like it) Because my friends at school aren't bothered to breed and EV train, so I always beat them.

And I do have pokesav, I just use it to clone pokes so I can't get scammed (I recently got an R4)

Lol, Now I wonder how you would have flamed me if I didn't have the jk there.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Hack pkmn are annoying. Especially the ones that have unbelievable stats. Also a pkmn that does evolve at a certain lv. but you have one at another level. I had a lv 45 Tyranitar. Also a lv. 20 Gengar???

:t354:TG

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    actually i think the most annoying hack that i have gotten yet was an alakazam that appeared to be totally legit until i put it in my PBR and realized it was totally stat-hacked

and on that note, never trade with xplizit (that s.o.b.)

Years
    legit & hacked pokemon are just as good as one another, its only hacks like bidofs knowing shadow force etc. which are unacceptable. the only hacked pokemon i have at the moment is arceus becuase its very hard to obtain.

Back