• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo Legends

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
Years

• Anyone else watch this on Gametrailers/at Comic-con last night? Who else thinks it's gonna be good? Personally, I'm not a fan of FPS games, but Halo is the only FPS I can actually sit down and play. Seeing it being animated by some top notch studios (Bones, Production I.G., Studio 4oC, Toei, Casio) is going to be pretty damn epic. Your thoughts?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • wait isn't this American made by an American Microsoft team? If so then why in Japanese entertainment? Anyway yeah seems cool. I always wanted to see an Animation for Halo.

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
    Years
  • wait isn't this American made by an American Microsoft team? If so then why in Japanese entertainment? Anyway yeah seems cool. I always wanted to see an Animation for Halo.
    What? No. It's Japanese animation.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    It's been announced on MOONPHASE, so ya, it counts as an Anime

Personally, I'm not looking forward to this...interested on how it'll turn out? ya, but not exactly looking forward to it.
    Here's my thoughts off watching the trailer [but before that, note that I'm kinda biased against Halo, so these can be considered nitpicks too]
    The animation is pretty inconsistent. I can't tell whether it's gonna be horrible animation(1:34) or amazing CG(1:50). The fact that these are completely off from each other makes me worry...Especially how the spartan suddenly alternates between having shiny and (almost) monocolor armor. There also seems to be a lack of a middle point so that makes me worry a bit
    I'm gonna say right now that's I'm not expecting a good plot at all. Partially because of the game plot in general, but seeing a normal(human) character makes me think "oh god it's gonna have needless drama" Here's to hoping it doesn't revolve around that guy (unless it's a flashback or something)
    If anything, it's gonna have some good action scenes when it's NOT in the horrible animation mode. Hope they do a good job on that. and hope it's a full-action anime

and there's this lingering feeling in my head that there'll be people who'll make baseless* comments on how it's the best anime ever
    *baseless as in never watched it

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
    Years
  • There's 7 shorts made by 5 different companies, all whose animation style varies, so it depends on the studio. Kinda like Batman Gotham Knight and the Animatrix. Mind you, they're all top notch, so either short will be epic >:3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well then no wonder they differ. One is probably going to be that Anime thing with the teddy bear chain, the crappy stuff with the gorilla man, the awesome CGI one and 2 more.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh, if it's a bunch of shorts and not a full-blown anime it probably won't be too bad

So a dorama, a horrrible gorilla fight scene (guessing Toei), EPIC SPACE MOTRCYCLE BATTLE!, Halo's excuse for a Samurai Duel, and 2 (good animation) others.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well, I was a fan of the games but an anime? I'm interested as to what they're planning to do with only 7 episodes/shorts, but don't know if I'll be bothered to watch this.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Toei Animation seems like the odd one out here, amidst the company of studios like Bones and Production IG.

In any case, it's still too early to tell how it'll all turn out. Wait for the previews to come out on Xbox Live this fall first.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Toei Animation seems like the odd one out here, amidst the company of studios like Bones and Production IG.

In any case, it's still too early to tell how it'll all turn out. Wait for the previews to come out on Xbox Live this fall first.
    Second that.
    "SPARTAAAAN PUUUNCHHH!" doesn't seem to fit.

The other animation companies already have experience with something similar to the Halo Legends concept, like Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight.
    No worries there.

But Toei? I'm worried.

Casio is doing a good job with Spartan-on-a-GP03 idea though.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Second that.
    "SPARTAAAAN PUUUNCHHH!" doesn't seem to fit.

The other animation companies already have experience with something similar to the Halo Legends concept, like Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight.
    No worries there.

But Toei? I'm worried.
    To be fair, though, Toei's section of the story is ostensibly an affectionate satire of the franchise.

Granted, this information is off the Halo Wikia, but the citations are there if you need to confirm them:

Bones - Prototype: A marine has been sent to a distant planet to destroy a prototype powered armor, but when he arrives he finds the planet is still inhabited by humans who are under siege by the Covenant. The suit is their only hope for survival. So he disobeys orders and keeps that suit, at least temporarily, to help the civilians.
    Casio Entertainment - The Package: A CGI-film taking place during a SPARTAN-II raid on a Covenant CCS-class Battlecruiser using the Booster Frames.
    Production I.G. - Duel: Taking place during the time of the Sangheili-San 'Shyuum alliance, forming the Covenant Empire.
    Production I.G. - Homecoming: Focused on the tragedies involving the SPARTAN-II recruitment in 2517, and the Spartans coming to terms with their origins.
    STUDIO4˚C - Origins: An expansive history of the 100,000 year long Halo universe. It's comprised of two parts.
    STUDIO4˚C - Babysitter: A story about the rivalry between the SPARTAN-II Commandos and the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.
    Toei Animation - Odd One Out: A non-canon and satirical interpretation of the Halo universe featuring SPARTAN-1337.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • Looks pretty wicked, so this takes place in the timeline of the first game?

I'm afraid that they are gonna throw some serious random elements in there.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Why oh why did they have to do this to Halo? The one thing all anime has in common is the over-mushiness of it all with its morals and lovey-dovey crap, not stuff for the world of 2277.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Why oh why did they have to do this to Halo? The one thing all anime has in common is the over-mushiness of it all with its morals and lovey-dovey crap, not stuff for the world of 2277.
    Your definition of anime is just plain wrong in every way imaginable, and your estimation of the timeframe in which Halo is set is off by about two centuries. Try again.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Your definition of anime is just plain wrong in every way imaginable, and your estimation of the timeframe in which Halo is set is off by about two centuries. Try again.

Oh I'm sorry, because I don't like anime and you do that makes my own opinion wrong. How silly of me to assume otherwise. *sarcasm off*

See your reply proves my point, anime is too full of bottled bull**** and angst, and many hardcore fans dig it because they share that stuff. And I am well aware when Halo was set, I used a random number just to point out that anime is not suiting to its environment. And since you like acting the smarty pants, I was off by three decades, not two, Halo is set from 2552 onward. Try again.

Back