• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HALP.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
Years
  • Does anybody know how to get rid of the annoying black box that appears after copying images? For example, I go to Pokemon Elite 2000 for some sprites, new computer and all, copy, say, an Aerodactyl, and when I paste it onto an editing program, the sprite is surrounded by this annoying black background. Deleting the background with tools doesn't work, because it's the same colour as some of the lineart. Help anyone?

Zet

Years
  • what editing program were you using? also what browser were you using? sometimes you have to view the image on the actual image page to not get a black background

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • that's what happens when you copy and paste an indexed image. try right-clicking and downloading the image and then try opening it in your editing program.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • I used to be able to copy them on XP, though. I'm running Firefox 3/Internet Explorer. And saving the image onto my PC won't work, because I want to keep it free from junk and stuff.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • you could easily just save any image to a specific folder and then when you are done with the project, delete the contents of that folder.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • I know, but what if it's just a five-minute thing? I find copypasting much easier. And I STILL don't know how to get rid of that background! Hours of Googling ended up fruitless.

Years
  • Prnt Scrn always works with me. When on the web page with the image you want and it doesn't have the black box, just use the prnt scrn button on your keyboard, hit ctrl + v on MS paint and use tools to cut out the image you want.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • Well it's either you save the image or you're stuck with the ugly black background There's no other way, unfortunately. :(

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Take a screenshot of the picture and then paste the shot in MS Paint. Crop the image and then reapply transparency with another program if needed.
    If the picture lies on a colored or textured background, etc. you can right-click it and select "View Image" or drag it to your URL bar to open it up on a new page with a white background (unless your computer uses some funky color for its default o_o)

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • I KNOW there is a way to remove the box. As I said earlier, I used to have this problem, but I somehow got rid of it. I want to simply copy and paste them without using some time-consuming method. I don't want to create a new folder for every sprite I want. Has ANYONE heard of a way to stop this?!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Folders, everyone? Lol, set your browser to download to the desktop (yeah, it's time to use that huge space for what it was meant to do), then everything you download is there for you.

Honestly though, I think it's just your program not supporting alpha. If you're using Paint, there's your problem right there.

Last edited:

Final Fantasy

High five!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    PE2K's sprites have no background, but Paint and some other photo editting programs don't support non background images. I suggest downloading paint.NET because it supports non background images and have a few more tools than paint.

Back