• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Hanakotoba: GFX

Risnionia

Inactive
Years
  • So, I finally decided to try and make a thread for posting my graphics. I'm not an artist in terms of making my own original art. I gather resources from various sites and basically just mash stuff together. Any art does not belong to me unless stated otherwise. This is only a gallery, but I may change it to a shop later on. It really just depends on the feedback I get.

Brief history/About:
    The earliest I can remember, I was starting off using Gimp in 2012 and later transitioned to Photoshop in 2014 (or late '13). I've practiced a lot, mainly by making graphics for users on another forum. I love how I've improved, but I still think I need a lot of work. I enjoy making in my spare time so this is just an enjoyable hobby more than anything.
    Though the past few months I've been a bit stuck, hopefully I can get to making these a bit more often.
    Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy.

*All images in a category will be put into one spoiler.
    Comments/Critiques are very much appreciated! :pink_smile:​

Vertical Sigs/Avatars:
    Spoiler:

Signatures:
    Spoiler:

Larger(ish) Graphics:
    Spoiler:

My most recent and probably most favorite piece:
    Spoiler:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • ...!!! Holy shit, I love your graphics! I especially love your verticals, they're so organized and your use of color and composition is so well done and I just love your Splatoon verticals even more for your use of lighting and depth!

One bit of criticism I could give, and it could just be my monitor having really vibrant colors, but your coloring, mostly just these two, are kind of... irritating to look at? I don't know, but it's sort of headache inducing, or it would be if this was me from two years ago talking. I could say tone down the coloring a little, but considering the way you've colored the Nanami graphic, I don't think it's really a problem.

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff~

Risnionia

Inactive
    Years
  • ...!!! Holy shit, I love your graphics! I especially love your verticals, they're so organized and your use of color and composition is so well done and I just love your Splatoon verticals even more for your use of lighting and depth!

One bit of criticism I could give, and it could just be my monitor having really vibrant colors, but your coloring, mostly just these two, are kind of... irritating to look at? I don't know, but it's sort of headache inducing, or it would be if this was me from two years ago talking. I could say tone down the coloring a little, but considering the way you've colored the Nanami graphic, I don't think it's really a problem.

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff~
    Thank you very much! I'd definitely like to practice more, especially with lighting and depth. since I still do have quite a bit of troubles.

Yeah, those are quite old (2 years?), but they are still my favorites as I consider them to be some of the best I've made. Where I do like really vibrant pieces, I did go a little overboard with the coloring. I've toned it down quite a bit and am still trying to find a good balance of light and dark since not all monitors view everything the same. :pink_confused:

I'm in a bit of a block right now, but I'll be sure to make a few things nevertheless.
    I really appreciate your response. :pink_love:

I've seen your work as well and they're wonderful. You're partially why I made this thread and opened up Ps again. Thank you for sharing your creativity as well. :pink_wink:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    UGH THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL

And hopefully I've spammed it enough to recognize when others use it, but Topaz??
    Your use of it is so tasteful and really makes the texture so eye catching, especially in the verts.

The layer work too is phenomenal in tags like this one:
    Hanakotoba: GFX

You create such good depth in tags that are really meant to be flat. Not to mention the colors on this are so gorgeous.

Some really neat stuff, keep it up!

Risnionia

Inactive
    Years
  • A few new creations:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

- - -
    UGH THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL

And hopefully I've spammed it enough to recognize when others use it, but Topaz??
    Your use of it is so tasteful and really makes the texture so eye catching, especially in the verts.

The layer work too is phenomenal in tags like this one:
    Hanakotoba: GFX

You create such good depth in tags that are really meant to be flat. Not to mention the colors on this are so gorgeous.

Some really neat stuff, keep it up!
    Thank you very much! :pink_love:

Indeed, Topaz. Unfortunately it won't install right on my newer laptop and I'll have to bring the image onto my other then bring it back to this one to upload.
    Creating anything when I want/need to use Topaz is a pretty big hassle and messes with my motivation, but I still enjoy creating these and will try to make more! :pink_smile:

Back