• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

happiness

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    How does one lower happiness? I dont like the stupid mechnanic. I dont want invincible pokemon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sees less information on Scarlet/Violet specifically. Assumes similar mechanics as Sword/Shield. Should be able to reduce it by fainting the Pokemon or using bitter medicine. Purchases bitter medicine at Chansey Supply. (One such Chansey Supply location: Mesagoza.)

Note: Caps out at 160 Friendship normally. Only goes above that (and getting the in-battle bonuses) by doing picnic stuff like sandwiches and washing them. Avoid the EV-reducing berries too. Works the same as Sword/Shield, in that respect.

According to Serebii:
    180 - 219 Friendship: 10% chance of surviving a knockout
    220 - 254 Friendship: 15% chance of surviving a knockout
    220 - 255 Friendship: 20% chance of healing its status
    255 Friendship: 20% chance of surviving a knockout, double critical hit rate, and 10% chance of avoiding an attack.

To check your current friendship level, look for someone in Cascarrafa in the center near a fountain.
    150 - 199 Friendship: "You're getting along well...but I'm sure you could get way friendlier!"
    200 - 229 Friendship: "You're good friends, all right! You definitely enjoy each other's company!"

Figures the rest out from there.

Back