• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Chri-HOLIDAYS!

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
Years
  • Katsuro said:
    Saying "Happy Holidays" is personally OK to me, since you don't know a person's celebration. I'd of course wish them a "Happy Christmas" though too XD

But it's just wrong to take something that's a religous holiday and stamp out the beliefs. It's grown into a nice big economic buffet for companies. They've ruined it.

I'm thinking about writing to my senator <_<;
    yeah, you're right, companies are only interested in selling products(light, ornaments, props) which in some cases degrade christmas, it's kind of sad, let's hope it stops

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Hey any religion that loves God and christmas is OK in my book XD

Besides Lutheran is a form of Roman Catholicism :3 (Since protestants broke away from my church ;p)

Years
  • Chibi-chan said:
    He was born some time in the middle of Spring. NOT in Winter....
    December 25 was used by Constantine because it was an old pagan holiday (the sun god's birthday). So he thought it was befitting that Jesus birthday should replace the sun god's birthday... =D

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
    Years
  • Oh man, this christmas is gonna rock. Im gonna get everything I wanted......because I bought it, hehehehe. But my mom got all the cool gifts like an xBox and a new cell phone to replace my old one. I got Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and some other stuff that I can't remember cause all I care about is Call of Duty. Hope you guys have a Good Christmas as well

~TSBK~

EDIT: Thats my answer, getting presents and drinking egg nog till you barf is Christmas.....every year.....at my house

Last edited:

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Santa's birthday isn't December 25th.... And wow no [feels like the world is forgetting who is the star of christmas]

JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Akinari said:
    December 25 was used by Constantine because it was an old pagan holiday (the sun god's birthday). So he thought it was befitting that Jesus birthday should replace the sun god's birthday... =D
    Yeah~

The Catholic church postioned a lot of holidays to coincide with pagan holidays I believe. To squash all competing religions...

...I say we assinate Santa <_<;

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • I was pretty close ;P

*loves leaving his shoe out for Saint Nick*

Roman Catholic Church owns Pagans <3

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
  • Master Blaze said:
    Santa's birthday isn't December 25th.... And wow no [feels like the world is forgetting who is the star of christmas]

JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!
    exactly!, the dates may have changed, but really, we should make christmas for jesus, and I notice that many many people already forgot that, and kids are only interested in that santa claus

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Jesus' birthday isn't exactly on Christmas, most people believe he was born around September.

Years
  • Well, Santa Claus became more of a commercial thing (dang, everything commercial nowadays becomes so bad...) used often by people and all in order to promote a certain thing, like now, Christmas.

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
  • I was just being stupid FYI. I know that Santa's birthday isn't on Christmas.

I know why we celebrate Christmas and everything and I know that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • the skate board kid said:
    Oh man, this christmas is gonna rock. Im gonna get everything I wanted......because I bought it, hehehehe. But my mom got all the cool gifts like an xBox and a new cell phone to replace my old one. I got Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and some other stuff that I can't remember cause all I care about is Call of Duty. Hope you guys have a Good Christmas as well

~TSBK~
    Did you even read the first post in this thread? Please do so before posting next time, 'kay?

Anyway, being Roman Catholic, I totally agree with you guys. Christmas has lost it's meaning... as did Easter... and now it's just for the consumer's market. <<;

Paul-- My physics teacher already has plans to shoot Santa... XD

And guys, don't turn this thread into any kind of religion-bashing thread. If that starts to happen, we may need to close this. ><;

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Santa originated really (from the way we depict him) from good ol' germany <3

Edit: Who is bashing religions O_O we are all defending Christmas <3333

Protestants and Catholics unite!!!!!! (and anyone else who is niether :3)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Akinari said:
    Well, Santa Claus became more of a commercial thing (dang, everything commercial nowadays becomes so bad...) used often by people and all in order to promote a certain thing, like now, Christmas.
    It always has been commercial, since the late 1800s. The 'jolly old fat man' image came from a man named Douglas Howard I think. He worked for the PR division of...Coka-Cola...so yeah, that's where that image comes from. Before that, oddly enough, he was seen as a tall, skinny man.

Last edited:
    Back