• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Harder than usual?

Are Pokemon Black and White harder than the other games?

• It IS Harder.

Votes: 98 51.6%
  • It is easier.

Votes: 35 18.4%
  • It's about the same.

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • I NEED MOAR.

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    By the way, one hour on grinding?! Seriously, I don't have time for that.
    I'm an educated person, and I only play video games for fun. I'm not a game addict like you.
    "Life is more than playing video games..." is what my mom told me.
    We're all educated and I'm sure most of us aren't 'game addicts' as you claim,and I'm sure most of our moms told us that also AND we all have other things to do as well besides this AND we all play games just for fun as well(Except for the charity groups). So just quit with the superiority complex.

Yes, if I'm really less athletically gifted than my friends, I would give in to steroids.
    Really, I don't have time to grind my PKMN. They need to be strong
    enough to be able to whip another trainers' asses. They are always underlevelled,
    and I don't know why. __________________
    Which is why YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO TRAIN THEM!! Not just jack Rare Candies down their gullets. Ironically, you're making them WEAKER than you think. (Believe I used to do the same thing and I learned the hard way that even if a pull them up to 100 on just Rare Candies they can still be uber-weak)

....Anyway. I'd say yea it's more challenging. I've whited out a few times more than I expected ( I expected not to white out at all tbh). Plus alot of my Pokemon's stats, mainly Emboar's defenses are really pathetic which is making it a pain to battle sometimes because he can sometimes have a hard time to even Pokemon HE'S STRONG AGAINST!! D:

The other thing is that I'm currently trying to level up to face the Elite Four, but lack of trainers except for a few once per day ( And no Vs. Seeker...seriously GameFreak??? >.>) is making it really hard to grind. But what I don't get is how is it that everyone had a hard time with Lenora when I was able to bet her easily, Elesa was the one I had a problem with! >.<

But either than that, its pretty amazing but I do gotta admit alot of the changes I gotta get used to. That's the same with me and almost every new Pokemon game.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm doing postgame stuff, and really the only hard part of the game has been the beginning (and even then that wasn't too bad). The only real difficulty I had was the second gym leader. Otherwise the game has been pathetically easy...probably no easier than most other Pokemon games though. I thought Platinum was harder, but then again that was probably the most challenging main series game anyway.

Years
  • I had no troubles with the 2nd gym, the annoying gym leader for me is Elesa. I'm at the 8th gym and dang I'm having trouble beating the trainers in the gym. Though my highest level pokemon at the moment is lv. 40. I do got to say this, I am enjoying black way more than d/p/pt.

XXIII

isn't really here.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    I've found it easier, although I'm not past the eighth gym yet. Maybe the difficulty ramps up after that.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Black and White weren't really challenging at all for me, but they still were entertaining and weren't nearly a total pushover like HGSS were.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Actually it's easier for me. I used to level grind just to beat the 3rd Gym, but.. I manage to beat the Elite Four + N + Ghetsis with under-leveled Pokemon. o_O

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Black and White weren't really challenging at all for me, but they still were entertaining and weren't nearly a total pushover like HGSS were.

I actually thought HGSS was the toughest pokemon i played! LOL

I havent bought white/black yet :(... but my brother and all my friends say its the easiest one yet!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    so far is fairly easy ide say, mabye a little more difficult but not much of a challnge for an experienced gamer like al of us here. In fact, i found the story to be easier to follow. right now im at the poke league, my pokemon tem is lvl 41-42 so i still need about 10-15 lvls till im going to even attempted to fight the elitre 4

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Surprisingly, I blew right by White the first time around with Tepig. The second time was the same too, except I had Oshawott.

Early in the game I was really over-leveled, but when I beat N and the Elite Four I was only around Lv. 45. Go figure.

Back