• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
  • Beldum. Only moves are Take Down and eventually struggle, and it has a capture rate of 3, same as all other legendaries. It'll kill itself faster if you weaken it and it'll kill itself regardless of whether you do so or not, you have only a few turns to capture the damn thing.

Annoying little piece.

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    sawk or throh. they just wouldn't. luckily critical capture got them both

Beldum. Only moves are Take Down and eventually struggle, and it has a capture rate of 3, same as all other legendaries. It'll kill itself faster if you weaken it and it'll kill itself regardless of whether you do so or not, you have only a few turns to capture the damn thing.

Annoying little piece.
    you can't find beldum in the wild. you have to breed

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Basculin, I was not expecting that it would be hard to catch, but I used like 17 Ultra Balls on the stupid thing and I still never caught it. Victini on the other hand, took 2 Poke Balls, not even ultra balls.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Virizion was a pain in the backside for me to catch, ended up wasting my masterball and now I can't catch that big genie oaf pokemon. ;//~//;

I done the same by mistake, Threw about 40 ultra balls and 20 pokeballs, ended up accidentally hitting the masterball... Fail

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
  • If I used my Master Ball on something like those Pokemon I'd probably end up restarting my game :/
    But right now I'm having trouble catching Kyurem :U it's so high-leveled compared to my pokemon it ends up killing them before I get a chance to use that many ultra balls.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Uhh...
    None?
    If anything, Pupitar :P
    And even that wasn't too hard.
    5 ultra ballz.
    And you guys, saying Victini...
    I caught it with my first Ultra ball :P

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • Terrakion was kinda hard for me. Kyurem was totally easy, caught him with a quick ball on the first turn.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    It is spelled with nine letters and is found in twist mountain. Sometimes.
    Cryogonal.

I probably walked around the place for five hours and encountered 500 other Pokémon before I even encountered it!

Difficult to catch? No.
    Difficult to find? YES!!

Years
  • Hardest Pokemon for me to catch was Kyurem. Other than the fact it took me over 30 Ultra Balls and several more Dusk Balls All of my Pokemon were around the Mid 50s and Lower so just damaging him enough was hard plus the inability to catch him.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    The other 2 elemental monkeys, I've spent ages in pinwheel looking for them and its always Audino! O.o

Years
  • Cryogonal. Took about half an hour finding one, then, while trying to catch it, wiped out pretty much my whole team, so I had to keep healing my last one, and it must have took about 50 ultra balls. Seriously, what is the catch rate for them? o.O It was on red health too...

-totodile42

Years
  • Cryogonal. Took about half an hour finding one, then, while trying to catch it, wiped out pretty much my whole team, so I had to keep healing my last one, and it must have took about 50 ultra balls. Seriously, what is the catch rate for them? o.O It was on red health too...

-totodile42

^This

Finally caught one yesterday, but battery went out... Still hunting atm... :/

ponpasdejabon

Gothithelle in Wah!
    Years
  • For me, was Basculian (Basurao)(Blue Form) xD but i get bored and flee....

Reshiram was like 2-3 Ultra balls and Gotcha! i have captured it.
    Terrakion, buuuuh! it was like 10-15 ultraballs, 5-10 greatballs, 20 pokeballs, 5 duskballs, 4 quick ball (no joke) and i think i captured it with a Timer Ball
    Virizion with a Quick Ball and he/she/it loved it and stayed in its pokeball. (I think if Virizion have gender, i think it was Female (100%)
    Cobalion was captured (be my xD) with one Dusk Ball. Inmediatly captured!

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • BELDUM.

Gayest **** ever. Really, try it. It has a 3 catch rate, same as almost all legendaries, and its only move is take down, so leaving it at 1 HP to have the best chance of catching it runs the high chance of it killing itself when it's able to move again. Also, it with inevitably die when it uses Take Down enough or can only struggle.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • Thundurus was the biggest Troll I had ever met.
    1 HP, I put him to sleep, let him run away so I could catch him in a Quick Ball on the next encounter.

Doesn't even stay in for a second.

In the end, I think I got him and his band of merry little bridge dwellers in a Timer Ball.

Back