• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen HARDEST BIRD TO CAPTURE

hardest to capture

• Total voters

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Articuno was both the hardest to find and the hardest to catch. My gamer's rage that day was not pretty.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I've always found them to have equal difficulty. It makes sense, since they all have the same catch rate. I catch them by using Thunder Wave, bringing them down to red health, then tossing Ultra Balls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I found articuno the hardest considering the fact i can't remember the last time i caught it (i was young but i'm replaying atm.) Zaptos was easy and Moltries was semi-hard to get.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Articuno was extremely stubborn to catch; the others were fine. I remember spending a good 100+ Ultra balls on it. ;-;

Articuno for me because it killed 5 of my pokemon because i didnt bring healing items and just ultra balls. then on my final pokemon charizard i was sure i could just kill it and try again but the game had other plans. you want to know what happened? Sheer Cold happened.i hit ko it attacked first and on the first turn. BAM.i hate Articuno

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Articuno and Zapdos were a piece of cake! But MOLTRES! It took me three resets with 99 Ultra Balls to catch it, it was low health and paralyzed, I never want to catch one again...

I actually started playing Firered again, I got up to Moltres, I froze it and lowered its HP, I caught it with the first Pokeball! :P

Back