• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Gym Leader?

Green man

541nys R k00l
    Years
    Whitney was the only one I didn't beat on the first try. Hardest battle of the game for me besides Lance and Red

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Whitney was the hardest gym leader for me. It took me 4 tries in my HeartGold game.

Daschy

Pokèmon Teabagger
    Years
    I have to agree. Whitney's Miltank was HELL O.O Milk Drink annoyed the hell out of me. And together with Attract... Whew >.> The other Gym Leaders were pretty easy. I didn't have any big problems, I think. :3

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    YES! I think it's always the most irritating to lose to the "cute" pokemon. I think I had less trouble with Blue than with that one, %@#$& Miltank!

Yeah, Blue was a piece of cake compared to Whitney (Also when I battled Whitney I tried to use my Pichu who has sh!t deffense and stomp one hit ko'd even with 3 lel advantage ;_;) But it helps vs-ing Whitney with female pokemon and taking them out before they get to doing real damage.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Rematch agenst blue. Hardest battle yet.

He slaughtered all three of my dogs, took my Hitmontop out in one hit, but i managed to finish him off with a critical hitting Extreme Speed from my Dragonite.

JessiexJames

Team Rocket general
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I almost lost against Faukner simply because I only have a bayleaf at the time, and I got sand attack twice which decrease my accuracy significantly.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    after playing the game first time through, i make it to red, but i decide that i rather restart, but in my first file, Morty kept destroying my team, so i go catch a Raticate with bite, and i over train him. i finally beat Morty. he was hard. i was shocked! Whitney and Chuck, the gym leaders that i thought were tough, were a breeze.

elroid

Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    Whitney's miltank is hardest for me. Both attract and rollout literally wiped out my team when i only have quilava and pidgeotto to play with

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well to be honest I never lost a battle against a gym leader but the best/hard battle I had to face was Sabrina in kanto when I beat the jhoto side.. . -.-
    I know right, weird? Otherwise I lost from red 3 times the beat him on the 4th time.

FerretFox41

OOH... SHINY...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I'm seven badges into the game right now, taking out Team Rocket in Goldenrod. So far, none of the gyms have been all that difficult, to be honest.

Falkner was taken out by a Geodude that I had picked up on Route 46. Honestly, the Pidgeotto was a disappointment, since it no longer had Mud-Slap to beat down those Mareep and Geodude that were coming after it.

Bugsy was assassinated by a Spearow and a Geodude, although Scyther's STAB U-Turn did manage a critical hit to KO my Geodude, which I pretty much hated.

Whitney was a lot easier than I expected her to be, due to the fact that my Aipom's combination of Tickle and Headbutt basically slaughtered her Miltank. The Clefairy did Metronome a Stone Edge to OHKO my Scyther. Poor guy.

Morty was the most challenging for me so far. My Kadabra managed to get it down to a sliver of health after a Psybeam, but it one-hit KO'ed my Kadabra with a Shadow Ball, and then he healed it up with a Super Potion. My Aipom once again came through for me, Tickling it a couple times, and then two-hitting it with Astonish.

Chuck was destroyed by Kadabra. And I mean destroyed. Psybeam one-hitted Primeape, and two-hitted Poliwrath.

Jasmine was kind of difficult, but my Ambipom actually managed to get the kill, this time with a Technician-boosted Double Hit when Steelix was at low health. Man, I love Ambipom.

Pryce went down to Ambipom's Double Hit and Alakazam's Focus Blast. Easy as pie.

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Morty and Chuck. Morty more-so, because of Hypnosis + Dream Eater. >< Everyone else were real easy.

Back