• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Gym Leader?

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
  • Mine was Jasmine, just because most of my pokes ended up gettting raped by Steelix. And I was underleveled.

Morty was easy and I found Whitney easy with my lvl 22 machop.
    My brother had a hard time with her though. His machop was lower lvl and for some reason on HG she kept spamming stomp. She never used it once on me. Just rollout.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Morty/Blue.

Morty: Shadow ball murdered my team. :(

Blue: His final Pidgeot kept dealing the killing blow to my last pokemon standing until I leved up a few times, was quite annoying.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    The only one that ever gave me trouble was Pyrce. I STILL haven't assembled a team that had trouble with Whitney.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • um welll not really any of them cause i always like to train my pokemon to be around the same level as the gym leaders and i d othat for all my pokes so yea.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Jasmine was pretty tough for me. Lack of power against steel-electric and steel types when your strongest are Noctowl, Feraligatr, and Ambipom.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Tbqh, none of them were particularly difficult, though I have to say Whitney was annoying as hell (I hate her whiney ass) and Clair was also annoying (but at least put up a somewhat decent fight).

Years
  • Clair was definitely the toughest for me. I had no strong Ice Type Pokemon on my team so it was hard to beat her.

Whitney was also hard and annoying....her and her Miltank.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Morty was the hardest. I got to level 30 with my croconaw but he got crit'd by gengar's shadow ball and didnt evolve. i trained him another level and destroyed him though.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • For me its got to be Norman, on Sapphire his Slaking would not stop killing my starter, plus I wasn't very good with items yet, because I wasn't very good with the game, but even after I got pretty good at Pokemon when I got Emerald, and I still had trouble with him!

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • whitney was the hardest gym leader.
    miltank kept regaining hp almost every move, even when its hp was full.
    and then it'd use rollout.
    > :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I killed Whitneys gym with a some weak fighting move.

The hardest gym for me so far was actually the first one, my team at the time was Chikorita and a Pidgey.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    probably jasmine, she didn't beat me but I was very underleveled and had to resort to spamming flash with ampharos to beat her seeing as i didnt have a fire pokemon :\

Slymo123

The Player of with Fire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    When I chose Chikorita, I could not bea tBugsy and I lost 6 times, yet I beat Morty on my 1st.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    For me, everyone was really easy except Pryce and Blue. Pryce was hard because he had a lot of type advantages over my team, and Blue was hard because his Pokemon's levels were +8 above mine.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • I don't really know...
    Morty was hard, I remember my "secret weapon", which was an over-leveled Gyarados, was 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball. D:
    Clair was pretty tough, although once Gyarados was out of the way I kinda ripped holes through her Pokemon with my Gyarados.

Back