• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    For some reason, Azelf is being ridiculously hard to catch D: This whole week I've been trying to catch him in my platinum but refuses to be caught! I want to get on with the game already! haha

I don't know why but Azelf is hard to catch. I believe it's because it uses Nasty Plot a lot but I am not sure. Even Uxie was a bit easier to catch than Azelf.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I struggled really hard with Heatran. I kept using all my Ultra Balls or defeating it by accident. T_T

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    giratina was easy as hell.

ultra ball, i used fake out over and ovre, then Hypnosis

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Giratina or Mesprit. I threw approximately 40 Dusk Balls at each, and they kept breaking out. It got frustrating after awhile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Heatran.
    Giratina, I got freeze hacks, it froze for like 20 turns with a sliver of hp left. Lucky :D
    Azelf, same thing. Freeze hacks, sliver of hp.
    Heatran was a pain in the ass to catch. Took too many tries.
    LOL yes, I've got tired catching them and spend my money on dusk balls/ultra balls/etc...

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    On Diamond, it was Giratina, and on Pearl, it was Heatran - he just didn't want to stay in the darn ball!

I've only got Rotom so far in Platinum, but I have a sneaky suspicion Giratina will cause me problems when I get to the beast...

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2009
    I think it was Giratina, for mesprit i did only have to use 1 quick ball!!!

Years
    Mesprit, because I had to look all over for it. xP
    And it always seems to show up when I'm training my weaker Pokemon, so I never inflict enough damage in order to catch it. xP

Ayselipera

I was able to track down Mespirit easily, but
    catching it was another matter. I had about 50
    ultra balls on me and it broke through them all.
    I got so frustrated I just used my master ball on
    it.

Years
    no legendaries were hard for me to catch. i don't know why, but my pokeballs work like master balls and i don't have an action replay

Years
    Cressilia was the hardest one to catch for me especially when you have to chase after it lol it just gets frustrating going after her through the whole map I know they have the legendary birds do this in platinum but ill catch them eventually so as cressilia I have one from diamond so im going for my next one

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
    there is no " hardest legedery pokemon to chatch" from my point of view,
    they all got a catch rate of 3 which makes them different from everyone else, so they are all hard to catch, its all about luck (but for some reason they made dialga and parkia ridiculously easy to catch in platinum, with a catch rate of 30!! equal to a chatot)
    but to be honest the hardest one was uxie, i dont know why but it took me 3 day to catch it

Back