• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (possible spoilers)

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    The last 3D Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Stadium 2 so maybe this isn't a new thing, but I'm definitely loving the different ways the Pokemon move and the personality in their animations. Like how Zizagoon's Tackle has it moving in a zig-zag pattern. Just really cute details. :3

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Since I played pkmn Colosseum I was already relatively known with some 3D looking pokemon, but now seeing them on the 3DS and them having the same style of fainting/being called back as on pkmn Colosseum is really cool.

For some reason I really like zigzagoon in 3D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Just saw a vileplume in 3d and it's made me appreciate it more since I can actually see its face. Some sprites of vileplume look really strange.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    In General, I absolutely loved how the 3D models for the Pokemon looked.
    In particular, Hoppip's spinning leaves made me laugh, and both Dunsparce and Jigglypuff are absolutely adorable.
    Sentret looks a little bloated, and I'm not a fan of how Jynx and Zoroark look. I can't remember any other Pokemon that stand out in my mind.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I think the whole 3d aspect brought new life into the game. It makes me feel more connected with my pokemon.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Zigzagoon running around before it attacks is so damn cute. One of the pokemon that I really love, Swellow always had that standing sprite and no wings flapping. Seeing it flaps it's glorious wing when I saw it during a Air Battle made me tear, I can't wait to transfer over my Shiny Swellow and see its wings flap like a real bird :')

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • Completely, i love all of the new pokemon designs and they all look great.
    For example, i was having a tough time deciding whether or not i should evolve pikachu into raichu because of looks and how cute Pikachu was. But when i evolved pikachu i noticed just how amazing the new raichu looks (Trivial I know)
    And this is with all pokemon now. They all look great

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Crawdaunt looks better now in 3D. There are so many pokemon that have new life breathed into them with this new style.

The ONE reason I hated Samarott was because he didn't stand on two legs and wield Swords like his other forms. Then, In the Anime He CAN Stand on two legs and Sword flight. THAT ONE SPRITE RUINED HIM.

I'm hoping the Model for samurott will have him draw his sword at least sometimes!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Completely, i love all of the new pokemon designs and they all look great.
    For example, i was having a tough time deciding whether or not i should evolve pikachu into raichu because of looks and how cute Pikachu was. But when i evolved pikachu i noticed just how amazing the new raichu looks (Trivial I know)
    And this is with all pokemon now. They all look great

you can allway catch other pikachu or breed with ditto lol. when you have pikachu first slot in the forest are other pikachu will appear because of static

Back