• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I have no idea how many eggs I've been through but these are all the shinies I've hatched thus far:

Spoiler:

I'm currently trying to hatch a bunch of eggs for another giveaway as well as shiny regional birds as part of a collection.

Years
  • I have no idea how many eggs I've been through but these are all the shinies I've hatched thus far:

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

I'm currently trying to hatch a bunch of eggs for another giveaway as well as shiny regional birds as part of a collection.

Your shiny Metagross looks so awesome!
    After 1000 eggs, I official give up on breeding for a shiny beldum ='(

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015

Finally, I got this little guy after 1,136 eggs!!!

Took about two weeks, long time for sure!! ': D

31/31/x/x/31/31

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2015
    Got a Litwick and a Mawile shiny for a friend using this method. Both had 4 IVs but a shiny is a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Got lucky after 25 eggs i hatched a shiny eevee :) What i do is try to hatch a shiny but as soon as i get a box full i just switch and try for a different shiny gotten 3 so far eevee, charmader, riolu

Asteilogos

Just a Lucky Trainer
    Years
  • I put myself trough a challenge, hatch my favorite non-legendary pokemon from each region which where:

1. Gengar
    2. Tyranitar
    3. Metagross
    4. Infernape
    5. Lilligant
    6. Draglarge

and after abit more than 5000 eggs...I have them all <3, I'm so proud of myself

Years
  • I think I posted on here before, but I have gotten two now using this method. On Y, i got a shiny Eevee (with its hidden ability) on my first egg, which is now my lovely Sylveon named Ghost. Most recently, I have gotten a shiny Yamask on X, after only three eggs, who I have named Harlow. I mainly IV breed, but if I have the opportunity to cross in a foreign Pokemon in hopes of getting a shiny, I'll do it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I just hatched my first shiny with the Masuda Method when I wasn't even trying to get one. I was just breeding my Cofagrigus with a Japanese Ditto to get a Yamask for the Dex entry and got a shiny on the second egg. Hardy nature, female, and with max IV in HP. I didn't even have the shiny charm yet.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Started hunting for a shiny pichu with volt tackle today! So far at 62 eggs. I hope it doesnt take me as long as charmander. :/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    After all the years I've spent playing Pokemon, I just now hatched my first Masuda Method Shiny:

Wasn't even aiming for it, nor do I have a Shiny Charm (though I was breeding with my 6IV Japanese Ditto); I was just trying to breed something for a customer. It even has Sturdy, good IVs, and Stealth Rock.....but it's nature is Timid.

Years
  • After failing to get a shiny beldum after +1300 eggs, I finally got my very first shiny pokemon via MM - A shiny Growlithe!!

Impish with 4 IVs 31/31/x/x/31/31, not bad!

Wasn't counting but I think I got it within 100 eggs. =D

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is worth double posting......

I finally got a shiny beldum!!!!! 519th egg after getting my shiny charm, technically 1819th if including the batches before getting the charm!

What's even more awesome is that it's adamant with perfect 5 IVs!!
    I'll definitely be bringing it to Alpha Sapphire to taste that Shiny Mega Metagross =D

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I can never get a shiny for Pokemon that I have been MMing FOREVER (Houndour, Shinx, Fennekin, etc), but I always get some really fast whenever it's not as important. Although I have to admit, Shiny Dedenne is adorable. =^.^=

I also got her after 5 eggs why can't all the others be this easy?

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • I found my first (ever) MM Shiny on Y just half hour after we got my dog back (she'd escaped out the garden early that morning and we didn't get her back til like 9pm). Wasn't even trying for it, but it was a Shiny female 4IV Absol. Named it Misty, after my dog. <3

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • No luck as of yet just got my Shiny Charm last night and since then I have bred between 100 and 110 Gligars I just release them pretty quickly.

Years
  • My last mm was shiny Shiny Gallade (who I wasn't aiming for) with 3 eggs but now that I got the shiny charm, I'm after froakie again, this time I'm going to try a full week of hatching.

EDIT 08/14/2014: 3 days and 500+ eggs later still no shiny froakie. I had decent luck b4 the charm why isn't 2x better?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    Two, so far: a Sylveon and a Honedge. The Eevee was pretty fast, maybe two boxes, but Honedge took about five or six I believe.

Back