• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Shiny breeding with masuda method?

Having used the masuda method to breed a shiny Ralts, would my chances of getting another shiny Ralts increase if I were to use a foreign Ditto to breed with my shiny Gardevoir?

By the way, Mega Gardevoir looks AMAZING!

Years
  • This doesn't half annoy me when people say stuff like this, no offence but 200 eggs is nothing. The odds are still not in your favour, just keep trying and you'll eventually get it! My shiny onix was in the 1,982nd egg.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I never said I expected one after 300. I'm just requesting encouragement and moral support. It gets really grindy after a while. :P

Years
  • Hatched my shiny Aron yesterday using the Masuda Method. Took about 250 eggs (although the first 100 or so were just breeding for IVs/nature/etc. so not with a foreign Pokemon). Resulted in a Careful 31/31/31/x/31/31 Aron with Curse. The best thing I can say to people still trying is to not force yourself to hatch eggs. Do it for 10 minutes a day if you have to, but if you force yourself to do it, you just won't enjoy yourself and it'll eventually result in you resenting the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    You start doubting after a while. Maybe the Pokemon are not from different regions? You check. They are. Maybe the pokemon is holding something preventing them from producing a shiny? Impossible.

Then you start questioning conventional wisdom: "maybe there is no such thing as this method. maybe it's a forum myth"

LOLOLOL

THEN you STarT HeARing vOiCES

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Commencing my shiny eevee hunt! I am pushed on by two of my friends getting shines with this method. Using everstone too since it doesn't seem to change the luck. I'm using a Japanese Eevee and a normal Eevee (I'm Canadian so breeding a Canadian Eevee with a Japanese Eevee). Hope I get it eventually. I'm still early on in my hunt but I'm just hoping I don't take 2000 eggs to get my eevee.

Ugh it'll be SO worth it in the end but I have like no patience I just want a cute shiny eevee!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Nice! I have lots of boxes of eevee now. Did you use an everstone? I just get so paranoid one friend got his eevee after 2 boxes without an everstone and he got another shiny within 7 without an everstone. Do people using everstones find they don't get their Pokemon until the 200s?

I suppose it's all luck but ugh! The doubting yourself thing is so true!

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Nice! I have lots of boxes of eevee now. Did you use an everstone? I just get so paranoid one friend got his eevee after 2 boxes without an everstone and he got another shiny within 7 without an everstone. Do people using everstones find they don't get their Pokemon until the 200s?

I suppose it's all luck but ugh! The doubting yourself thing is so true!

They don't decrease odds to my knowledge, he just got lucky. Besides I'm breeding Adamant Huge Power Bunnelby for a shiny, with the everstone I'm guranteed to get Adamant nature. I'm keeping count right now and will post results after I get one this time.

Years
  • Am I the unluckiest person in this thread? So far, I've hatched 2712 eggs (soon to be 2742 after this batch), and haven't got a single shiny Froakie yet, LOL.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Thanks! :) I know I'm just getting paranoid over nothing! I'm using everstone for my shiny sylveon. I have a modest normal one which I love and I wouldn't mind any nature but I don't want to risk a nature lowering special attack. So I'll also post the results whenever I get my shiny eevee!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • You start doubting after a while. Maybe the Pokemon are not from different regions? You check. They are. Maybe the pokemon is holding something preventing them from producing a shiny? Impossible.

Then you start questioning conventional wisdom: "maybe there is no such thing as this method. maybe it's a forum myth"

LOLOLOL

THEN you STarT HeARing vOiCES
    Heh. Or you've just got some rotten luck... like me.

I had been breeding numerous Carbink with a Japanese Ditto I got over Wonder Trade and I was never so lucky to hatch a shiny. Alas, I eventually gave up because a shiny Carbink wasn't really so important to me as much as hatching a Carbink of the right nature to EV train.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I just got myself a shiny skrelp!
    n1ceif.gif

Years
  • OMG!!!

After 2887 eggs... I FINALLY GET THE SHINY FROAKIE!! EGOINAE;GOINWE;GDON ADGINF;OAIS

so freaking happy right now!!!!

Has 4 perfect IV's as well, in HP, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed!

Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming...

OeEo1dY.jpg

Pbf2Phs.jpg

Last edited:

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
    Years
  • I have a Korean ditto, and I was bored and felt like playing with the Masuda method and over the course of a week (probably only three or four hours of actually egg hatching) I finally got a shiny dratini haha. Happened in one of my classes - it was glorious.

Pr3

Years
  • OMG!!!

After 2887 eggs... I FINALLY GET THE SHINY FROAKIE!! EGOINAE;GOINWE;GDON ADGINF;OAIS

Does it have protean and is timid with toxic spikes?! If so, GG. :D

p.s. Grats man, you certainly worked for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    OMG!!!

Wow man, congrats! You definetly earned that Shiny Froakie!

I have been reading through all the posts in this thread when I started getting worried about not getting a Shiny Hatch for over 700 hatches, now counting over a 1000, and I've been rooting for you the entire time :D

Now I just hope I can get my Shiny Honedge, and seeing you make it through in the end gives me the motivation to keep going :)

Years
  • Wow man, congrats! You definetly earned that Shiny Froakie!

I have been reading through all the posts in this thread when I started getting worried about not getting a Shiny Hatch for over 700 hatches, now counting over a 1000, and I've been rooting for you the entire time :D

Now I just hope I can get my Shiny Honedge, and seeing you make it through in the end gives me the motivation to keep going :)

Haha, thanks! Hard work really pays off. Good luck on your shiny hunt! Don't give up, you'll get it real soon!

For those wondering if Destiny Knot and Everstone affect the Masuda Method; it does not. I used both items when breeding for my shiny, and look what happened! :)

Back