• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    1266 eggs and no shiny Honedge. :(

After 1311 eggs, I finally got my shiny Honedge. Now it's time to start grinding for a shiny Eevee. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    60 charmender and not a shiny one yet :) did someone succeed in getting a shiny charmender?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • Still at something like 150, and had a thought the other day - What if every Pokemon you hatched was "shiny", and the one previously thought to be shiny was actually the normal colour scheme, but there were no twinkles? I know it's not true, but yeah, mind's going insane at the moment

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Congrats on the shiny Honedge, good luck with eevee :).

Managed to get an Eevee after only about 30 eggs.

I once posted about how I had hatched ***60*** eggs without seeing a shiny. I remember someone laughing and telling me that it could take over 1000. It's my turn: for those of you that are scratching your head after 30 eggs, it literally took me 1311 for my Honedge, and 30 for my Eevee. You never know how long it is going to take, but if you average it out it may well take you hundreds of eggs before one pops.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Managed to get an Eevee after only about 30 eggs.

I once posted about how I had hatched ***60*** eggs without seeing a shiny. I remember someone laughing and telling me that it could take over 1000. It's my turn: for those of you that are scratching your head after 30 eggs, it literally took me 1311 for my Honedge, and 30 for my Eevee. You never know how long it is going to take, but if you average it out it may well take you hundreds of eggs before one pops.

Congrats again on the shiny Eevee :), any intention to evolve it?

I'm not sure if there is an average, I think it really does just come down to luck. Saying that though my rate of success for a shiny are as follows:

Froakie - 115 Eggs

Charmander - 170 Eggs

Bulbasaur - 120 Eggs

Squirtle - 35 Eggs

Larvitar - 690 Eggs

From that I got most of them under 200 Eggs each but I don't think there's anything to take from that in regards to increased probability, I think I've just been extremely fortunate.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Well, i put a jap scyther with 4 perfect ivs and a scyther of mine with 5 perfect ivs, and destiny knot on it.... i got a shiny FEMALE scyther with only 3 perfect ivs after 20 eggs (which is the worst pkmn my pair could give birth to....).............
    Since it took me only 20 eggs , and i wont run a female scizor at all, should i try to get a 2nd shiny from the same pair? (do you think its even possible?)

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • YEEESS!!! I finally hatched a shiny Magikarp after exactly 320 eggs (aaaand its IVs suck. of course). And yet most people on this thread say it took them 1000+ eggs to get a shiny and they tried Pokemon that take MUCH more steps to hatch than Magikarp. So, I guess at the end of the day I have nothing to complain about.
    I have to give major praises to all the dedicated shiny hatchers who have enough patience to do this! You seriously rock! Personally, though, I'm done!

Years
  • YEEESS!!! I finally hatched a shiny Magikarp after exactly 320 eggs (aaaand its IVs suck. of course). And yet most people on this thread say it took them 1000+ eggs to get a shiny and they tried Pokemon that take MUCH more steps to hatch than Magikarp. So, I guess at the end of the day I have nothing to complain about.
    I have to give major praises to all the dedicated shiny hatchers who have enough patience to do this! You seriously rock! Personally, though, I'm done!

For pokemon like magikarp I would say chain fishing is better as it only took me 31 chains to get a shiny magikarp. If you intend to breed and want good stats/IVS then I strongly recommend giving destiny knot to the pokemon your breeding.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I currently trying to breed a shiny Heracross...
    I hope we get the shiny item from B2W2 after completing the national dex, that way it'll be so much easier to breed shiny Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    a friend of mine got it on 255 eggs
    60 charmender and not a shiny one yet did someone succeed in getting a shiny charmender?

I've already been down this path, you guys should get a charmeleon safari and get a shiny from there, it's where I got mine after 600 charmander egg hatches.. Unless there is a specific reason you want a charmander then I don't know.

Rakuen

chilly
    Years
  • i just started breeding for shiny honedge, but i'm going to finish the game first so i can get access to more boxes just in case

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    i just started breeding for shiny honedge, but i'm going to finish the game first so i can get access to more boxes just in case

I don't think you have to finish the game, the more pokemon you get the more boxes the game will generate for you.

Back