• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

has anyone noticed

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    has anyone noticed, and before i saw anything, im sorry if this has been said before, that these 4 episodes of best wishes remind me of season # 1, the most out of any of the other seasons. ash already has caught 3 pkmns already, 1 per episode, a bit faster then in season one i must admit. his water pokemon in both seasons followed him, squirtle was a bit faster, decided to go with him in one ep. while the cute sea otter took like two eps., charmander and the fire piggy, both abandoned bc of their weakness. and the flying type always seem to be the first he catches, overall all i've seen so far reminds me of season one, not to forget that iris and dent are gym leaders just like misty and brock. i think i'll be a good series over all.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I think a lot of us has noticed the simularties between series one and Best Wishes, also notice how both Misty and Iris has had the longest time being alone with Ash. Than Dento being the first gym leader.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Right. What's being done here is a lot of references to the original series. It's a successful action of giving a familiar feel while not actually feeling like there's nothing original to use. What you pointed out was sort of subconsciously obvious. They're simple symbols of the beginning of Pokemon to mark something fresh for this generation. And since I still feel that the 5th generation is successful at being new and attractive, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick around and watch it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It'd be such a step down for the series if Witch and green haired guy end up having no quest like Misty and Brock in Kanto. What a waste it would be since this isn't guaranteed to be a short region either.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It'd be such a step down for the series if Witch and green haired guy end up having no quest like Misty and Brock in Kanto. What a waste it would be since this isn't guaranteed to be a short region either.

Well, Iris's quest isn't exactly defined, much less than Misty, who's quest was to punt the hell out of Ash until she got her bike replaced. But I really don't think it'd be something that matters because the series focuses on Ash. Dent could travel with Ash because he has nothing better to do than to look at the stars in northern Isshu for all anyone might care. Ash and Pikachu are the stars.

Spoiler:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Considering that we finally got another character besides Ash to have a quest, it's a step down. It'd be a shame if this saga went the route that Johto did by having Witch and green haired guy do nothing while Ash wins badges.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Here are similarities I found between the past series and BW:
    -offscreen captures (Brock's Zubat/Crobat and Jessie's Koromori).
    -Pokemon who always want Ash's attention and are jealous of his bond with Pikachu (Ash's Chikorita and Mijumaru)
    -A Fire type starter abandoned by their previous trainer later captured by Ash (Ash's Charmander, Chimchar and Pokabu)

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    The writers are blatantly going for a Kanto feel.

And do to the extremely fast pacing, Iris and Dento will probably end up doing very little like Misty and Brock did.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Here are similarities I found between the past series and BW:
    -offscreen captures (Brock's Zubat/Crobat and Jessie's Koromori).
    I think we did have a short recap of how Brock caught a Zubat when a group them ran out of a cave. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -A Fire type starter abandoned by their previous trainer later captured by Ash (Ash's Charmander, Chimchar and Pokabu)
    I guess then Pokabu's evolutions would disobey Ash?

When I see so many similarities, I feel that the writers aren't being innovative at all. :\

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't get why Iris and Ash go so well with each other in episode 2. It's like they were naturally going to be friends and then at the start of episode 3 for some reason they hate each other.

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    i'm guessing best wishes is the last of the pokemon anime, mostly becuase of how it ties in with the indigo league and if you notice, ash's ishuu outfit is the mix of his original, hoenn, and sinnoh outfit. :)

Back