• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Has anyone used Alolan Raticate or Gumshoos?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    No, I don't like regional rodents that much, except Furret, and Gumshoos and a variant of the OG regional rodent are not exceptions to that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used both Alolan Raticate and Gumshoos on my first playthrough, but they are outclassed by pokemon on other islands so I eventually boxed them for better pokemon.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yup, I've trained both a Gumshoos and an Alolan Persian before! Admittedly, I would have never thought to use either of them if I hadn't been playing a nuzlocke on Moon with one of my friends. Gumshoos was quite powerful in the early game which surprised me because I've always had the idea that the normal Pokémon on the first route are subpar when it comes to battling. Alolan Persian was also fun but I found it kind of weak compared to my other team members by the time I reached the Elite 4.

I think if there's one thing that I appreciate about nuzlockes, it'd be for showing me Pokémon such as Gumshoos and broadening my mind on all the possible Pokémon I can use in-game. You really can use anything on your team in-game. :D

Last edited:
    Back