• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen has this ever happend to you?

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    so i was transfering the second set of pokemon off my emerald version with the pal partk i saved shut off and whent to sleep, when i woke up and turned it back on my game was gone!

i whent over to my friends and used his AR Duo to download the save and open it in pokesav and all the pokemon save for one were completely corrupted and the one was corrupted beyond use :(

i'm not really whineing to anyone but i'm just wondering if simmilar stuff happend to other people?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    LOL, thats unfortunet but no that has never happend to me lol...also can you tell me where i can get a trainercard for my sig?

Years
    Are you sure it didn't just drop on the floor somewhere?
    Or maybe your parents took it away. ^^;

No, it's never happened to me before, I'm especially careful of where I put my games before leaving them 'alone.' xD

LOL, thats unfortunet but no that has never happend to me lol...also can you tell me where i can get a trainercard for my sig?

Try to stay on topic, Leecher. You can use PokeCharms. ^^

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    well i didnt do anything abnormal i just saved shut off closed it and plugged it in, then put it on my desk =x its wierd, somthing like this happend before with pokemon red but that was becasue the batteried died =x

Years
    Oh, I thought you lost the cartridge. xP
    So, do you mean your game was deleted? Or did your DS black out?
    I remember my Ranger game not showing up when I tried to start it, maybe you should just take it out and put it back in. And try starting it again.

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    Oh, I thought you lost the cartridge. xP
    So, do you mean your game was deleted? Or did your DS black out?
    I remember my Ranger game not showing up when I tried to start it, maybe you should just take it out and put it back in. And try starting it again.
    i whent and turned it on and instaid of showing the continue screen it whent to the new game thing

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm surprised your still using AR. I quit using it. Even though you could do whatever you want, it's a lot more fun to train w/o cheats. I'd only cheat to get infinite BPs for EV training items, and get the event Pokémon Items, and that's it.

Back on topic: Yes, it has happened to me. On anohter game though. I got bored one day and wanted to play some more Pokémon Gold, and I had to start a completely new game. Now, even though I haven't played it in years, I still remember I saved my game. When I restarted, I saved. Turned it back on and the file was deleted again. It really pissed me off.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Nope, that never happened to me before.
    The cartridge might be fake or your game might have been corrupted.
    Using an AR can ruin your game.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nope, that never happened to me before.
    The cartridge might be fake or your game might have been corrupted.
    Using an AR can ruin your game.
    Correct, happened to me before. My game was corrupted after using the AR too much. >.< I learned my lesson to not use it anymore.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    Nope never happend to me though i did have a crystal version that would save right and then lose the save file over night. if i put it under a heavy object it would keep the file, go figure :\ I dont bother with AR i only use it to get all the TM's ive seen to many incidents with corrupt games and i dont want it to happen to me

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    the game just got corrupted, idk if you know much about ARs but the AR Duo can ONLY download and upload saves, i guess i should have used it to backup my save from time to itme ><

GreenCyndaquil

Master Trainer
    Years
    nope not all except after I got my Regigigas after i started it up the gamwent to the new game thing and i restarted it and my save came back

I've used my AR to walk through stuff and train Pokemon for Revolution and maybe caught Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus where they were supposed to be (Flower Paradise, Newmoon Island, and Hall of Origin)

I really screwed with EVERYTHING like at varlor the lake was normal but the commander was in the cave and those two grunts in veilsone refuse to budge
    do not try to help me
    sorry for kinda bein off topic

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    maybe you closed it by mistake when it says "saving, do not turn off power"?

since you own the game, IT MIGHT BE legal for u to download it from the net.

Last edited:

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    If your Emerald game was a fake, then Diamond/Pearl will delete the file if it detects it to prevent forgeries; I had a fake Emerald and the same happened to me. Now, I just trade anything from my Emerald to my legit Sapphire and PalPark it from there.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    If your Emerald game was a fake, then Diamond/Pearl will delete the file if it detects it to prevent forgeries; I had a fake Emerald and the same happened to me. Now, I just trade anything from my Emerald to my legit Sapphire and PalPark it from there.

Fake as in ROM right?
    How would you trade your pokemon from
    emerald to your sapphire? O_O'

ONTOPIC:
    Are you serious? D/P/Pt can actually do that o_o'
    That seems a bit far fetched... Are you sure it wasn't
    sheer coincidence that he migrated the pokemon before it got deleted?
    I mean, the same thing happened to me with Mother 3...
    It saved fine and I even double checked (turned it off and then on)
    but once I turned it off for the night, it got deleted the next day.

Something's watching us... O_O
    Anyway, this hasn't happened to me (yet, probably)
    I'm planning to migrate my unauthentic emerald
    pokemon to Pt when I have the chance (i'm only
    at the first gym with a level 18 Combusken and
    16 Lombre so not enough pkmn yet T-T)

I'll try this when I have the chance, but I'll back up
    the .sav just in case..

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    i'm certain my Emerald isnt fake unless Walmart has started selling fake copies of pokemon games =x

i bought my platinum used from GameCrazy (holywoodvideo's equivilant to gamestop) and there pretty good about the quality of thier games (bought my Diamond/Pearl there to) but i guess if it happens again i'll need to exchange it =x

Back