• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has this ever happened to you?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    i tried it once and it didnt leave i tired it again later and then it left

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    that happened to me... kind of, I tried putting my Heatran on My Poke Ranch and it just kept coming back, same thing with a random Carvannah (sp?).

Years
    Cool, it comes back? No, that's never happened to me. Mainly because i release crappy things like Unown, and stuff that i don't use.
    Although 30000 steps maxes out happiness... I've had my HM slave Bidoof from the start.. CRAP, i'm stuck with it?! Lol. So, Jas_66, what actually happens? Does it just reappear, saying ''Wow, [POKEMON] came back!'' or what?

loucas

100% hot
    Years
    releasing

if you can remove the HM move (move deleter) it may be release, i think, i had 1 in ruby and it was released when i remove the HM move

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    No, not to me. But I have heard of something like this. If you relese it, and it's the ONLY Pokemon to know a peticular HM, it will come back to you!
    Ok, this is what it ACTUALLY IS:

You release a pokemon.
    It comes back.
    It says, "____ missed you!"

This has NOTHING to do with friendship. NOTHING to do with natures.

IF your pokemon has an HM and NO OTHER POKEMON IN YOUR BOX OR PARTY HAS THAT HM LEARNED, the pokemon will come back. And you will not be able to delete the HM from your pokemon,(the move deleter will say that ____ doesn't want to forget it) so just teach it to some other dude and then you can release it.

No. Once released, it is gone forever. Unless it's UT and not nicknamed and you just happen to run into another pokemon like it in the wild with the same IVs, nature, gender, etc. But the chances of that happening are lower than they are for shiny pokemon encounters.

Whenever you fight with a pokemon you received in a trade(IE, with a different ID no.) it will gain a "boosted" level of exp. Any pokemon with your ID no. will get normal exp. Also, pokemon with other ID no.s will disobey you if they get past a certain level if you have not beaten the gyms.
    So THAT'S why my Spheal doesn't want to forget surf!

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    This only happened to me in the 3rd gen games for some reason.
    Tried releasing my Poochyena but it kept coming back even though I never raised it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    That's cute.
    As if the pokemon couldn't bare to leave you. ~
    That happened to me once. I was extremely confused. I wondered if I maybe dreamt releasing the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well we all know the awnser now....
    but plz keep on post ur non-releasing pokemon stories!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There was one time I was trying to release my Happiny, but it just wouldn't release. I think I still have it too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ok maybe some new stories lolz...
    well now u know y pokemon don't realease.

SageDyu

Knowledgable Pokemon Lover
    Years
    huh. well, i released a pokemon that i never really battled with, but it had a HM, and it went away. The friendship id probably the reason...oh! or, since you got it from the GTS, the game wont let you release it...idk. but i'll keep it in mind! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    WOW...
    super bonds thats cool...
    but eva thought if the starter wasn't urs as in u didn't get it from the begining.
    well i realeased an EV'd Tottera so i gues u can release startes that ain't urs...
    released it because i had a stronger torttera.

Back