• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has your activity changed since Gen 2 came out?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • We all remember that one point when Pokemon GO came out and I'm sure all of us were pretty hyped and freaked out about it...from walking around and discovering new places, to meeting new people and meeting friends, to simply just get out of the house. The first few months were pretty awesome. Then after those few months, the hype died after a while and you decided to back off the app.

Now that Generation 2 came out, there's more Pokemon to catch, new features, new items, new evolutions and so much more. There's even a "streak" where you catch Pokemon for 7 days straight (and get more items from Pokestops).

These days, my boyfriend and I are coming out of the house every day just to take down the gym nearby, catch a Pokemon that was nearby for our streak, and the Pokestop to get our extra items.

Has the hype for you changed since Gen 2 came out? Are you playing the game more seeing that there's more Pokemon out there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Prior to Gen 2, with a nearly complete pokedex, it wasabout grinding for dust (catching in quantities for dust and XP, evolving 50 pidgeys and 30 rattata with lucky egg), and about farming nests for pokemon that can be very strong in Gyms.

Now you need everything, so its about visiting nests with new pokemon to fill the gaps and to evolve new stuff. Especially the new pokemon that have two evolutions, where you need a good one and 125 candy. Right now i know 6 nests i still need to farm, i wonder how many of the 6 nests i can visit before the next nest rotation. Some old pokemon have new movesets, so in some cases you need another one as well, if the new movesets turn out to be better.

It will only go back to the usual grind after the pokedex is again close to completion, until then its all about nests, more nests, different nests.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I haven't stopped playing the game since it came out since I've been trying to complete to gen 1 Pokedex well minus the exclusives. I think I would have given up on it a long time ago had they not done the events with the double candy, increased spawnrates of rare Pokemon like the starters and the buddy system.

I don't have as much interest in completing gen 2 so right now the game is coming to a close. Plus the evolution items seem to be one per 5,000 Pokestops spun so thats not really fun.

Thank goodness the gen 1 Pokemon didn't need items to evolve.

Years
  • I still play everyday on my way to and from work and occasionally on my days off I might have a little walk about to get some distance on my eggs and get my pokestop and first catch of the day bonuses.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Yes, I actually started playing again, haha. It's been a couple months and although it hasn't really changed too much, the new Pokémon has given me some incentive to actually open the app at least once a day and look around.

Svartulv

the black wind howls.
    Years
  • Well, the inclusion of Gen 2 (my favorite one) actually made me re-download the game on my phone and start playing again, so there's that! :P

Back