• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has your favourite Pokemon changed?

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    My favorite pokemon has been Pichu since Gold/Silver came out and will always be. Flareon, Ivysaur, and Gastly are close seconds though.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    My favorites are Ampharos and Umbreon. Pretty much been that way since Silver was released...before that mo favorites were Pidgeot and Wartortle....

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    The anime has influenced my favorite pokemon before, but not since johto. Umbreon, Marowak, Charizard and Arcanine being my favs (in no particular order). The episode when Ash battled a trainer called Otoshi who used a marowak, the swordplay style of battling, its speed and some of the training scenes with the trainer placed marowak high up in my list of favs. Aswell as Gary oak's use of Umbreon. Using pokemon in competitive battling can also increase or decease my like for them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm constantly getting new favorites, and my original favorite Pokemon was Eevee. But in generation II, I saw three Pokemon that have always had a three-way tie on my heart<3

And sometimes I get randomly obsessed with a Pokemon. Right now, I really like Aipom and can't go without having one on my team for some reason. lol :( <3

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Back when I was a kid, Onix was my favourite. Sometime before Crystal came out, I lost interest in pokemon, but around the time Emerald was released, I got back into it upon really liking Grovyle. Grovyle's been my favourite pokemon ever since.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon seems to change a lot, with my first favorite being Charizard, then my favorite changing every month, until finally I decided that Donphan was my true favorite.

DarkNecroWolf

Godly Member
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I've always loved Charizard, and still do, but it's definetly changed over the years, When Johto came out, I was all about Typhlosion (Had a thing for Fire Starters 3rd evolution) Then it stayed like that for a while, but when I saw Darkrai, I basically had a heart attack, DarkRai will always stay my favorite, no matter what, but my Second favorite is Zoroark/Zorua Then Giratina at third.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    oh yeah! my favorites used to be charmander, charizard, and mewtwo. Still love 'em! but now Bulbasaur, Sneasel, and Raichu have won me over. Not sure why..... I like they're style I guess...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My favorite Pokémon has changed many times, with only one time it being because of a new generation. XD; Last time I checked it was Espeon, the next it happened to be Blaziken and so on. However I've liked Pikachu from the start and now. I've seen the fifth generation and Pokémon and knew "Oh boy there's going to be something new I'm going to change to after all these years ;o;", but the only Pokémon I saw that happening with was Lilligant (Jap. Doredia). Pikachu is still my favorite out of them all, and I don't plan to change that.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon changes every second

At first it was Skitty then it was Ponyta and then it changed to Altaria and then Ninetales and then when BW released my favorite pokemon then changed to Zeburaika, Swanna, Jalorda and Shandera :3 And it's still changing

blue

gucci
    Years
    I always have a different variety of favourite Pokémon, however the new Pokémon introduced in Gen V, alot of them have taken that place.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    From the day I got my first Pokemon game, Yellow, my favorite Pokemon have been Hypno and Alakazam... Until this day, I have not found a Pokemon that I like as much as them, but since I have not seen all of the Gen V Pokemon yet, hopefully I will find at least one since I will not be able to play with them in adventure mode this time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Mine has really only changed once.

Back in first gen, I didn't really have a favourite Pokémon. It wasn't until Pichu that I settled on a Pokémon I really, really liked. And I continued to like Pichu as my favourite until about a year after gen 4 came out when I finally had to admit that Cherrim had taken the top place. @_@

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    When I was a kid, Flareon was my favorite Pokemon, and all fire Pokemon were my loves too.
    Now, I still love fire types, and I still love Flareon.
    But there's just something about Haunter that makes me love him SO MUCH!
    He's just so awesome.
    I wish I had a real one! :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really remember having much of a favourite in the first gen really....it was probably Pikachu (I was young and liked what I was told to like :p)

Then in the 2nd Gen it became Mareep (and it's evos)

Then in the 3rd and 4th gens it became Numel.

However now in the 5th gen my favourite pokemon has become Cofagrigus. (Reuniclus & Numel on the reer)

Back