• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    I believe my Silver still works fine. It did the last time I checked it about 3 years ago. A gold I bought from Gamestop about 5 years ago internal battery died within a week I had it. Made me mad as heck! My Ruby and Emerald internal clocks have stopped working, but just a few migrating on Diamond can fix that. Somehow my Sapphire still works perfectly and I had that longer than Emerald!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    My first one many years ago did, although I reset it and I was really surprised it still lived.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm fortunate anough to have my gold, silver and crystal still working. but I'm very nervous of even touching them because i don't want my saves erased.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think someone stole my pokemon crystal back in middle school (and i traded over mew from that mew glitch T.T). and one of my friends gave me his pokemon silver a few months ago and that still works just fine. But my pokemon ruby......No berries will grow anymore. does that mean my clock thing died? game still works though.

Years
    No, I've been lucky maybe, but I've had Red and my brother's had blue since 2000 and the battery is still fine.

And my gold and his silver are still operating.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    my gold didnt last very long i dont even think i had it a year before it went dead

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    my first gold version didnt die, my crystal died. this is why i use roms and emulators to play my pokemon games :D

cknarf

4211 2353 6370
    Years
    Bought crystal the other day, and it came with a dead battery. Swapped it with a CR2025 and it works fine.... for now.

Wonder if my silver's still up?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    My Gold and Crystal are still operational, last I checked(THANK GOD!!!). Gonna keep playin them until HG/SS are on sale.

Years
    I've been to God knows how many Game Stops looking for ones that work (of course they don't sell GBC games anymore...grr). I got my Gold and Silver for my birthday I think two years ago, and they didn't save.
    Is there any way to replace that battery? I'm dying to play in the Johto region, that was my favorite part of the show!!

My neighbor has working versions of Blue, Red, and Yellow, and Crystal, Silver and Gold though.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    My Red and Yellow versions work fine, so does my Crystal for some reason (I thought it would have died by now, but I found it and it hasn't).

I can't find my Blue version, but when I did find both Gold and Silver, they were both dead. (I'm currently playing Gold on a ROM, since my 2nd Gold I still have it because I fixed it.)

I've been to God knows how many Game Stops looking for ones that work (of course they don't sell GBC games anymore...grr). I got my Gold and Silver for my birthday I think two years ago, and they didn't save.
    Is there any way to replace that battery? I'm dying to play in the Johto region, that was my favorite part of the show!!

My neighbor has working versions of Blue, Red, and Yellow, and Crystal, Silver and Gold though.

You shouldn't have gone to a video game store to buy the same game thinking it won't have that problem. They all do, because I bought a Gold version for $9 at my local Gamestop like 3 years ago and it had the same problem as my original gold did.

And yes, you can replace your internal battery. I did that with the second copy of Gold I mentioned earlier. Here's a step by step guide on how to replace it:

https://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464

You have to read well the instructions and make sure you do them perfectly and above all, have patience.

It's a long read, but if you REALLY are that into getting your old Metal games repaired, follow that guide.

It also has detailed pictures about almost every step, and other stuff you need to know.

I did, which is why I fixed my 2nd Gold version when I first found that post like a year ago.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Nope. My Gold and my Crystal are still going strong. Just replayed Crystal over the last week, and the battery hasn't presented any problems whatsoever.

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
    Out of the 7 cartridges I've had, only my Gold has died off. Lost some intense Pokemon. I cried that night ;_;

Years
    My Red and Yellow versions work fine, so does my Crystal for some reason (I thought it would have died by now, but I found it and it hasn't).

I can't find my Blue version, but when I did find both Gold and Silver, they were both dead. (I'm currently playing Gold on a ROM, since my 2nd Gold I still have it because I fixed it.)

You shouldn't have gone to a video game store to buy the same game thinking it won't have that problem. They all do, because I bought a Gold version for $9 at my local Gamestop like 3 years ago and it had the same problem as my original gold did.

And yes, you can replace your internal battery. I did that with the second copy of Gold I mentioned earlier. Here's a step by step guide on how to replace it:

https://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464

You have to read well the instructions and make sure you do them perfectly and above all, have patience.

It's a long read, but if you REALLY are that into getting your old Metal games repaired, follow that guide.

It also has detailed pictures about almost every step, and other stuff you need to know.

I did, which is why I fixed my 2nd Gold version when I first found that post like a year ago.

YESYESYES!! THank you soooo much I'm gonna try that.
    Yeah, I guess there really was no point in trying to find one that worked...that's probably why the games were there in the first place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back