• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hasn't Kanto had Enough??

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bull sh*t. Also, fr/lg were not nescessarie to get Kanto pokemon, they co
    .ulda just put Kanto pokemon in Emerald when it came out. And on another note, how come they didn't have all the other regions in r/s/e and d/p/pt?? It makes sense to do it. Also, SilverSmeargle, when did we bring Gen. 3 remakes into this?? Where the hell'd that come from??

Well, aren't you nice.

3 Reasons why FR/LG are Relevent to this Discussion
    -They take placed in Kanto, the main topic of this thread.
    -They are Remakes like HG/SS
    -They are, essentially, the Prequels to HG/SS, as R/G/B/Y are to G/S/C

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    I just hope they make a game later with every thing in it
    by everything I mean Kanto, Johoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Sevii islands and more

And about you're topic:
    I only played Kanto in FR
    So also it will be nice to have a different Kanto in Heart Gold And Soul Silver
    So ya I actually look forward to seeing Kanto in the game

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I don't think the fandom had enough of Kanto, judging from the responses ;o
    I don't really mind Kanto, I really don't care. (I prefer Johto and Sinnoh over Kanto TBH /world stops just to shoot me)

Besides
    FR/LG/R/B/G/Y are all SET in Kanto
    Kanto is going to be in HGSS because it was in GSC. this is a remake and Kanto is neighbors to Johto

Its not like they added kanto into Hoenn and Sinnoh for the lulz
    so really
    I don't see it as a big deal P:

atre05

^SPRITER^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    I think you're right, but if nintendo doesn't include kanto then it wouldn't be a real remake

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    Personally I love Johto the best, but Kanto is definitely better than both Hoenn and Sinnoh. I would probably not buy the game if it's only Johto since it's cut half of the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Oh no, Kanto hasn't had enough. It is the original land and should be given more attention for it doesn't get much from the Anime, so why not from the games?

yeah, i believe the same thing you said also

I think you're right, but if nintendo doesn't include kanto then it wouldn't be a real remake
    its confirmed to be in it

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think Kanto is necessary I know some pokemon fans who haven't even heard of Kanto(not much of fans) since they only started to play Pokemon in GenIV. Kanto is like the roots of pokemon, the home region of Proffessor Samuel Oak and where are you gonna go to fight the E4 without it?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Technically, hg/ss's Kanto will be remade from fr/lg, which iz remade from g/s/c, remade from r/b/y, kinda redone a bit from r/g/b. Hasn't Kanto had enough already??

Actually FR/LG was remade and reformatted from R/B/Y's Kanto (note: the presence of Cinnabar Island), which was simply translated from R/B/Gs, not redone. G/S/C's Kanto was based on R/B/Y's, but altered in design beyond a simple remake. Extra Routes, advancements in the timeline (and with it the lives of some characters) deem it a "revisted" Kanto, as opposed to a "remade" [in the sense of a "remake"]. This is the Kanto HG/SS will be reformatting and refining.

tl;dr- there's really nothing there*...

I like that they're putting Kanto in again. It's nice that they keep it close enough to the originals while still adding features.

Spoiler:

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    What kind of Pokefan has had enough of Kanto? It is a great region, a very critical part of remaking a game that required 8 badges from that region. I can never get enough of Kanto or Johto.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    What kind of Pokefan has had enough of Kanto? It is a great region, a very critical part of remaking a game that required 8 badges from that region. I can never get enough of Kanto or Johto.
    I absolutely agree with and second this post
    Amen to that ^^ lol

Iced

Aspiration
    Years

I agree all the way!

1. Johto
    2. Kanto
    3. Sinnoh
    4. Hoenn

Years
    No point in complaining. Besides, do you know how many people have imported this game?(Including myself, XD. Play-Asia FTW)

Now if you really need to neg the Kanto Addition, you should play mods. Than we can all have a good time blaming a game for ruining our fun, and it won't be a real pokemon. >_>

Years
    No, Kanto has NOT had enough.

I'm still trying to comprehend why people even put its inclusion into question in the first place.

Now that there's enough evidence to shut people up, I'm happy.

I'm not even going to call that one video "Confirmation", as it was pretty much a given Kanto was going to be in the game from the beginning.

Now we have people like you complaining about it's inclusion.

what the hell? you've gone completely off topic
    he wasnt aruging that Kanto won't be included
    he was simply saying that he thinks 4 Kanto's is too much, no need to flame him.
    I'm okay with the Kanto's, personally, however, i don't want it included in gen V, then it'll get too much :| theres only so many times you can visit all the landmarks.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Just the fact that this a G/S/C remake means it needs Kanto or it won't be G/S/C's story.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    The only time I played in Kanto was in FireRed. I've been there, done that.
    Now I want to see Kanto in its 4th generation glory.

**And you can never get enough of the original**

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Kanto has to be remade, i couldn't imaging a pokemon generation with out the famous kanto. There is just one little issue i hav with kanto being remade, what can't happen when its remade is that if they change the orginal layout of kanto, i don't mind johto being a little bit tweaked, kanto has to keep the original g/s/c layout, i dont want a big place dedticated to windfarms, because i keep seeing these windmills pop up in IV generation games. even in the new bark town screenshots.

Finnel

Years
    Hey screw you guys, I agree with TFIIB. Now don't get me wrong, Kanto is completely fine, I'm just tired of it from having played it for three (soon to be four) gens. I understand they couldn't have left Kanto out for these remakes, but I really hope they'll skip Kanto next generation.

Back